Software Developer at Palmona Pathogenomics, INC
Pasteur21 is seeking a talented, creative, and independent software developer who will design and maintain frontend web designs and visualization APIs.
The candidate should have:
- 3+ years designing frontend web systems
- Experience with database querying (relational databases preferred)
- AWS Well-Architected Principles and AWS microservices as they pertain to the design, testing, implementation, and deployment of a scalable service-oriented system
- Broad programming experience, including various web development languages and frameworks (e.g., VUE, React), hosting frameworks (e.g., sails, Flask), and git version control (Atlassian BitBucket preferred)
- Experience with containers, including using Docker to containerize scientific workflows and running them on AWS Batch, Kubernetes, Lambda, and other similar tools a plus
- Experience with cloud-based relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) a plus
Pasteur21 provides the most advanced pathogen genomic analysis for the most effective rapid treatments and accurate global surveillance of infectious diseases. Spun out from technologies developed at the University of California San Diego (UCSD), Pasteur21 has rapidly made progress in the fingerprinting and comparison of pathogenic genomes, with the aim of making the comprehensive results available to physicians, healthcare facilities and government agencies.
Pasteur21 is seeking a talented, creative, and independent software developer who will design and maintain frontend web designs and visualization APIs. The candidate will work with the Bioinformatics group to assist with the automated processing, data basing, analysis, and reporting of biological data. The candidate will work closely with IT, software engineers, data scientists, and bioinformaticians.
This is a full time position in the Bioinformatics group. Remote position in the short term, expected to resume work at a physical office location in San Diego, CA within the 2022 calendar year. Full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Level will be commensurate with experience.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Communicate with data scientists and bioinformaticians to gather and implement functional and non-functional system requirements
- Develop and maintain web-based visualizations and reporting of biological data