Software Developer at Hexure
This position applies template and custom business rules to applications for financial products to assure that users of the platform complete applications for financial products “In-Good-Order”
Education and Experience Required:
- Associate degree, technical degree preferred; or the equivalent years of relevant work experience required
- Entry level development skills required
- Insurance industry domain knowledge – an understanding of key concepts, metrics, business terms and business processes appropriate to the insurance and/or financial services sectors including but not limited to Life, Annuities, LTC, Disability, and other products preferred
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle is preferred
- Familiarity with rules engines and XML is preferred
- Familiarity with C# is preferred
- Experience with completion and submission of insurance and/or financial products in an office setting is a plus
Professional Qualifications – Skills and Abilities Required:
- Communication skills – a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills – a demonstrated ability to aid in the negotiation of priorities and resolve conflicts among all project participants
- Teamwork skills – a demonstrated ability to work in unison with a team and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organization skills – a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Analytical Skills – demonstrate effective decision-making and problem-solving skills. An attention to detail and accuracy is mandatory
- Technical Skills – a solid knowledge of Web and Desktop applications, including intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, we are a team of highly motived and committed individuals with years of industry expertise developing and delivering innovative sales and regulatory automation solutions to the insurance and financial services industries. Together as a team, we strive to provide our clients best-in-class solutions that transform business processes and empower sales across all insurance, retirement and investment products. We encourage creativity and innovation, champion teamwork and are committed to being the best.
The Software Developer implements business rules in FireLight®; Hexure's proprietary SaaS electronic fulfillment solution. This position applies template and custom business rules to applications for financial products to assure that users of the platform complete applications for financial products “In-Good-Order”; both from the perspective of completeness of individual forms and completeness that all necessary forms are included in an application package. This position is involved throughout the software development life cycle starting with requirements gathering and continuing all the way through to the successful implementation of each project. Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Interpret business requirements provided by insurance carriers specific to applications and other customer forms associated with the sales of insurance products. Create business rules to drive the user experience when completing the applications electronically based on those requirements
- Interpret business requirements provided by insurance carriers and distributors to support transactions in the financial services industry through forms and wizard development.
- Develop subject matter expertise on additional FireLight® services such as Illustrations, eDelivery, etc., and provide both forms and wizard development to support the launch of these services.
- Review and respond to business requirements provided by customer to ensure that requirements are understandable and can be implemented and tested
- Maintain and update business rules for multiple work items in the carrier workflow including but not limited to Role Codes, Review Queue, Needs Determination, mapping documents and admin mappings
- Implement logic to support product filtering and retrieval of information from the fees repository
- Work cooperatively with other developers on shared projects
- Support customer deployments
- Provide ad hoc support to customer staff
- Monitor issues tracking software to address issues submitted by internal and external test teams in a timely manner
- Perform end-user scenario testing and assist the team with unit and integration testing to ensure the application/product works as specified
- Provide input to improve user experience in the application and the administrative platforms.
- Balance client needs with Hexure's business initiatives
- Develop intermediate knowledge of how Hexure's enterprise software products are developed and function from a business and technical perspective
- Communicate updates and recommend solutions to internal customers.
- Support the team in troubleshooting of problems and issues; make recommendations and provide alternative solutions when it applies
- Consistently maintain the ability to work independently on department project initiatives and goals, objectives, and scope
- Participate in team meetings by preparing and communicating progress on work assignments.
- Create and/or participate in the planning, development, coordination and presentation of training to broaden and improve the knowledge of the staff when applicable
- Take initiative to broaden and improve skills by participating in educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Perform additional duties as directed by Management
Expected hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with regular office hours Monday through Friday. This position may require after work hours and occasional weekends, depending on work demands.
- This position requires domestic US and international travel on an average of 15% of the time, based on business needs.
- Physical Demands
- This position requires frequent sitting. This position must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Employment Benefits Package Includes:
- Competitive employer paid medical, dental, vision, 1 x annual salary of life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance and parking.
- Pre-tax savings programs: 401k with employer match and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexable PTO.
- Remote Work .
- Corporate Gym.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $71,000.00 - $81,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
- Are you authorized to work in the U.S.?
- Do you currently reside in the U.S.?
- Do you have a degree or a certification in Computer Science?
- Coding: 2 years (Required)
- Technical Work: 2 years (Required)