Software Developer at Bay State
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our team. The main function of a software developer is to develop and design web applications and software.
- · 5 years’ experience required.
- · Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- · Advanced knowledge of COBOL, JCL, and mainframe processing.
- · Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- · Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- · Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- · Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Adobe, Java, SQL, etc.
- · Candidates must either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- · Candidates must have resided in the United States for the past 5 years
- · Candidates must not have traveled outside of the United States for a combined total of 6 moths or greater in the past 5 years
- · This position requires successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and a credit check.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our team. The main function of a software developer is to develop and design web applications and software. A typical software developer is responsible for directing web site content creation, enhancement and maintenance. Provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems.
- · Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
- · May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling.
- · Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- · Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- · Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements.
- · Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques.
- · Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- · Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
- · May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
- · Basic design, build or maintenance of software, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
- · Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems.
- · Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Remote – Candidates must be located within the contiguous United States
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.