Software Developer at 365 People
The Power People is a specialist practice within TNP which specialises in ERP-connected eCommerce, analytics, UX-led apps and portals, and systems integrations.
To apply, you’ll need to have:
- Experience developing responsive web applications using React.js and Node.js
- Good working knowledge of .NET, SQL, and GraphQL
- Comfort interfacing over HTTP(S) with various APIs (with knowledge of SOAP, WSDL, XML, OData, REST, JSON and common authentication protocols)
- Familiarity with various RDBMS and other file/data storage systems
- Effective communication skills to interact with consultants, project managers, and other project stakeholders on the current status of developments and about any difficulties being encountered in clear, non-technical language
- A knack for sorting through the weeds to fault-find when trouble-shooting problems
- A willingness to learn even at the expense of asking "stupid" questions and making mistakes along the way
- An appetite to learn new technologies to meet project requirements
- A meticulous approach to code hygiene
- A desire to try things out, learning and adapting, in a landscape of complex interconnected systems
- A genuine desire to find your place in our team's unique Nerdvana, sharing your interest in the geekeries of everyday life
- Courage and humility: to know it's ok not to know how something works but be willing to take hold of it and give it a go (caveats apply!)
To impress further, you’ll have
- Experience developing customisations and extensions to large and complex web applications (e.g. ecommerce/CRM/warehouse applications)
- Exposure to Progressive Web Apps and mobile-first design
- An understanding of DevOps and Azure Resource Management
- Previous experience with Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central or other ERP software
- Exposure to business processes connected to management of stock and sales
In exchange for your skills, passion, and determination we will offer you:
- The support of a great team
- A competitive salary and package
- Training and career development, including access to our extensive online learning library to fuel your personal and professional growth, and develop your skills
- Positive mental health initiatives, such as; Mental Health First Aiders, mindfulness subscriptions and Togetherall platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme
- The flexibility to work around your family life
- £250 purchase equipment allowance to help set you up for working from home
- Be part of one or even several social clubs within our business such as Book Club, Film Club, Gaming Club, or even The Cat People!
- Last but not least, the opportunity for a starring role in our yearly Christmas video!
The Power People is a specialist practice within TNP which specialises in ERP-connected eCommerce, analytics, UX-led apps and portals, and systems integrations. As a fast-growing area of the business in an exciting technology landscape, the Power People are looking to add to their lively and talented team.
As a Developer within the team, it will be your responsibility to design, build, test and deploy inspired software to our customers. You will achieve this through collaborating with some of the industry’s greatest minds, to scope, design, and deliver great software solutions across a range of languages, technologies, and systems. Your projects will range from integration solutions, platformed on Azure Integration Services, to ecommerce stores integrated with ERP software; from progressive web apps for contractors in the field to self-service apps and portals for customers; from extending and customising existing frameworks and products to bespoke solutions built from the ground up, all to meet diverse customer requirements. In practice, this means turning instructions from customers, consultants, and wider project teams into reality through wizardry and development, and jointly owning system specifications from workshops through to deployment and through handover into support. So, if you’re a bit of a coding whizz, with an eye for elegant technical solutions, brave enough to stretch yourself into new applications and use cases as the need arises, and have the below skills, we are the team for you! The role is predominately a work-from-home role, with periodic visits to head office and other locations for team building, belonging and wellbeing, albeit with potential for occasional site visits upon customer request.
To write specifications & provide estimates:
- Digesting 3rd party/internal documentation of products/APIs/etc
- Producing software specifications to meet functional requirements
- Providing realistic estimates for technical work to meet requirements
- Taking responsibility to ensure sufficient information to perform development tasks, pro-actively liaising with Consultants, Project Managers, Solution Designers, and other Developers as required to guarantee clarity and alignment
- Delivering functionality to meet customer project requirements, interpreting functional requirements and technical specifications in line with company/team standards, patterns, and practices
- Developing software from technical specifications within agreed deadlines
- Maintaining awareness of the allocated time for a task and proactively report back to the Project Manager if the timescales are not going to be met
- Managing code and other assets in line with company/team version control practices
- Giving attention to and taking pride in delivering high quality functioning code
- Maintaining up-to-date task documentation throughout the software development lifecycle
- Drafting concise intelligible release notes for non-technical users
- Releasing tested software to downstream environments (i.e. dev to test, test to live)
- Providing third-line support where technical expertise is needed to resolve support tickets
TNP in a nutshell:
TNP serves 500+ customers and employs 300+ people who are passionate about using Microsoft technologies to solve very practical business issues. We go to market as The NAV | 365 People and The Power People.
The NAV | 365 People specialise in the delivery and support of Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central. The Power People work with Microsoft’s Power Platform and associated technologies.
Established since 2009, TNP were acquired in 2021 by Node4, a leading Managed Services Provider. TNP continue to operate with the same strategies and have exciting growth plans with a focus on delivering the absolute best standard of customer service.