Site Reliability Engineer at HomeStars
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will continue the development of our cloud-based infrastructure, development tooling, provisioning, deployment, and monitoring capabilities.
- Experience with AWS, infrastructure, and automation
- Strong organizational skills, able to balance short and long term priorities
- A collaborative person who creates tools that enable teams to be more effective
- Ability to identify potential issues in system performance and implement solutions
- Familiarity with acronyms (SRE / SLI / SLO) and the patience to teach people what they mean
The Opportunity: As an SRE Developer, you will be an integral part of our small but talented SRE team, collaborating closely with all product teams, enabling them to continuously ship software reliably, scalably and securely. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will continue the development of our cloud-based infrastructure, development tooling, provisioning, deployment, and monitoring capabilities.
- Languages: Ruby, NodeJS, React, Python, R
- Tools: Ansible, CircleCI
- Cloud: AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Software: Unicorn, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ
Your impact, 90 days and beyond:
- Push Button Provisioning: Enable teams to launch new cloud infrastructure repeatedly
- Hardening: Vulnerability scanning, pen testing, and remediation of identified issues
- Awareness: Ensuring we have the right level of monitoring and alerting for technical and business indicators
Benefits: Remote work - All of our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied! Excellent Benefits Package - We want a healthy and productive team Wellness Wednesdays - Our way of helping to achieve mental and physical wellness during the pandemic Equity Program - An opportunity for all of our employees to share in HomeStars' success December Break - The office is closed the week before New Year's Eve, every year Personal Growth. We provide constructive feedback to foster their career growth We are growing fast - HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family, which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie's List Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball *We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.