Senior Web Engineer at Off Base Productions LLC
We are looking for someone who can bring their knowledge and experience to lead other team members to deliver phenomenal products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Experience working with typescript and other typed languages
- 6+ years of writing production code in nodejs
- 2+ years of experience with React, you’ve built at least a couple complex applications with a defined state management solution
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals and proven ability to implement for challenging problems when needed
- Experience using MySQL/Postgres and writing SQL queries
- Experience with REST Apis and GraphQL
- Experience with managing cloud services – Docker and orchestration tools a plus
- Ability to audit and troubleshoot browser performance issues
- Have built and shipped production WordPress sites
- Advanced knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Strong project and time management skills
- Must work effectively in teams and independently
- Proactive problem solver, implementing creative and positive solutions with careful consideration to the bottom line, long-range goals, feasibility and ease of use
- Familiar with design tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, or Figma
Nice to have
- Experience with object oriented programming in PHP
- Experience / interest in the video game industry
- Developed gutenberg content blocks
- Experience with headless CMS’s and the Jamstack
Senior Web Engineer Wanted
Off Base is looking for a passionate and experienced Full Stack Senior Web Engineer to join our growing team to design and develop great products for amazing clients in the video game and entertainment industries. We are looking for someone who can bring their knowledge and experience to lead other team members to deliver phenomenal products.
Off Base began life as an agency in 2004, where our main goal was to help its partners build their brand through creative copy. Our core mission was to help build brands and drive awareness. Today, Off Base is an award winning, multi-faceted agency and technology studio with its headquarters in Berkeley, California, and satellite locations in the Greater Seattle Area, Los Angeles, London, England, Jakarta, Indonesia, and Bangkok, Thailand. We deliver best-in-class creative and our singular reason for existing is to bring ideas and innovations to our partners. Off Base is a privately funded, highly profitable company working with many of the biggest publishers in the game industry, including Sony Computer Entertainment, Nintendo of America, Electronic Arts, 2K Games, Zynga, Capcom, Konami, Namco Bandai, and more. We conceive, design, and produce 360° creative, from concept to completion. Our goal is to make our clients work, our play.
LOOKING FOR A NEW ADVENTURE?
We are a small but mighty (and growing!) creative and marketing agency looking for our next new member of the Engineering team, this individual contributor will play an important part in many of our client and internal projects, including development of complete custom web applications, WordPress themes and plugins, and updates to existing sites. You will be the go to for high level technical solutions as well as a key member in integrating the solutions and ensuring code quality and consistency.
- Work with clients and their engineering/ops teams to understand their technical requirements and ensure deliveries are compliant
- Develop technical approaches and create proposals when necessary to other engineers and leadership
- Take ownership of your work as well as the entire project as a whole
- Provide leadership and direction to other engineers
- Design system architecture, provide documentation and diagrams to communicate to clients and other team members
- Perform code review and enforce code quality standards
- Help to develop, maintain, and enforce code standards and documentation
- Come up with technical solutions to challenging problems
- Develop and maintain internal libraries
- Stay up to date on the latest industry methodologies, technologies and libraries and provide guidance to other team members
- Research, build and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of products based on requirements
- Analyze project requirements and identify external dependencies and risks
- Work with clients and other team members using cloud providers such as AWS to architect and provision services on the cloud
- Work with project manager and other engineers to develop product stories and acceptance criteria
- Provide guidance and recommendations on security related requirements and issues
- Finish deadlines to committed work, occasionally work after hours if necessary
Perks and Benefits
At Off Base, we offer a wide range of competitive benefits and perks, such as medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off, plus a fun and inclusive work culture, including the ability to work remotely.
Off Base reserves the right to alter, change, eliminate and combine jobs depending upon changing conditions and needs.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to provide sponsorship.
No calls, recruiters or contractors.