Senior Web Developer at Range Marketing
we’re looking for a new Senior Web Developer to join our team! If you’re a good fit for the role, you have experience designing and developing websites for small and mid-sized businesses, strong communication and organizational skills, and a proven ability to coordinate simultaneous projects.
A minimum of five years experience in web development, preferably in an agency or marketing company environment. Experience with search engine optimization and digital marketing is preferred but not required. Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Server-side: WHM, cPanel, DNS
- Strong proficiency in PHP, MySQL, and Wordpress
- LAMP stack and comfort operating in the command-line
- Wordpress: Custom theme development, custom plugin development, Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms
- Personal: self-sufficient, leader, time-management, ability to perform well under pressure
- Roots/Sage Wordpress development stack
- Digital marketing: SEO, PPC, copywriting
- Design: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
At Range Marketing, our primary focus is on helping companies get found. We achieve this by utilizing the highest standards in website design, website development, and search engine optimization, and building a strong team to back it all up. Our team members work hard, are awesome at everything they do, encourage growth, are good neighbors to each other and our clients, and have fun in everything they do.
With this in mind, we’re looking for a new Senior Web Developer to join our team! If you’re a good fit for the role, you have experience designing and developing websites for small and mid-sized businesses, strong communication and organizational skills, and a proven ability to coordinate simultaneous projects. You also possess an expert level of backend development in LAMP/LEMP stacks, have Git experience, and enjoy building new in-house tools that the team will utilize. You must also be able to work well with others and have the drive to research and implement emerging industry tactics and coding standards.
In this role, you will serve as the second hand to the CTO, helping both manage and maintain our existing stack while also building new tools that increase efficiency across the entire team.
In addition, this position will also inherit certain management duties within the technology team. Beyond the responsibility of working closely with the CTO, you will be responsible for maintaining web servers, diagnosing down sites/emergency response, fielding web-related questions from other non-web members of the Range team, launching websites, and scoping/pricing custom projects.
- Maintain our Dedicated Cloud Web Servers
- Core server is fully managed by Liquid Web, web server powered by WHM/cPanel
- Maintain, improve, and fix our in-house technology tools
- Tools are PHP-driven, with some written in Bash
- Build and maintain our development workflow (Git)
- Receive special projects from the CTO on new tools and enhancements to existing tools
- Solve problems ad hoc by debugging technical issues and finding creative solutions for client requests
- Debug existing website & technology issues, primarily in Wordpress
- Act as a development leader to assist non-developer staff with client requests, questions, and general assistance
- Launch websites and configure client DNS settings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,305.37 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Front-end development: 4 years (Preferred)
- Back-end development: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote