Senior Software Engineer - Java at Ancestry
Ancestry is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Forest Service Platform team in Lehi, UT. The team oversees all services and back-end functionality related to Ancestry Member Trees.
Who you are...
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Proficient in Java or JVM languages with 3+ years of experience in an enterprise environment
- Use Agile or other rapid application development methods
- RESTful web service development
- Experience with operating in and understanding AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP cloud environments (Fargate, Aurora, MSK, EC2)
- Experience in large sharded database environments and MySQL (Aurora)
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other infrastructure as code tool
- Experience with SCM/DevOps tools such as GIT, Jenkins build and deployment automation with Harness and CI/CD
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 125+ million family trees, and 22+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Forest Service Platform team in Lehi, UT. The team oversees all services and back-end functionality related to Ancestry Member Trees. The services and databases that belong to the Forest Service team are the foundation for all of our Ancestry customers and internal partners.
- Develop, maintain and deploy backend functionality to support the evolving needs of Ancestry customers in the Ancestry Member Trees domain
- Work with an accomplished and collaborative team to develop microservices that serve millions of requests and operate in a large cloud environment
- Write code and unit tests, conduct code reviews, contribute to architecture discussions, prioritization and planning
- Write and deploy Infrastructure as Code and work with DevOps to ensure that our services remain in optimal working condition
- Help build the next generation of services at Ancestry
As a signatory of the ParityPledge in Support of Women and the ParityPledge in Support of People of Color, Ancestry values pay transparency and pay equity. We are pleased to share the base salary range for this position: $80,000 - $226,000 with eligibility for bonus, equity and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision. The actual salary will vary by geographic region and job experience. We will share detailed compensation data for a specific location during the recruiting process. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20) and sb1162(1-1-23)
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.