Senior Software Engineer - Integrations at Afresh
We need one to Write production code to implement fast, reliable, scalable data pipelines in SQL (using DBT) and Python/PySpark to process billions of historical data points collected from tens of thousands of retail stores across the US.
Skills and Experience
- The following represents attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or similar role, with a track record of successfully delivering data integration projects.
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to work with stakeholders to identify both high-tech and low-tech solutions and choose the solution appropriate to the problem
- Excellent communication, technical leadership and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in ETL tools and methodologies, demonstrating hands-on experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading processes.
- Strong programming skills in SQL and Python. Spark experience is a plus.
- Dedication to code quality, testing, design processes, automation, and operational excellence.
- Proactive mindset and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
About the Role
The integration team plays the critical role to accept customer data and transform it into the Afresh standardized format. Grocery fresh data is messy and complicated. Integration engineers work with customers and client leads to become experts in the customer data, operational processes and how it relates to the Afresh internal data model. Bridging these divergent data models, building resilient pipelines and enabling rapid product development on top of customer data to rid the grocery supply chain of waste. If you’re interested in building business critical software, making fresh food more sustainable and available, and fighting climate change — come join us!
- Write production code to implement fast, reliable, scalable data pipelines in SQL (using DBT) and Python/PySpark to process billions of historical data points collected from tens of thousands of retail stores across the US.
- Deploy, scale and maintain our ETL pipelines that power our recommendation engine and ordering system.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and Afresh customers to gather integration requirements, ensuring a clear understanding of data needs to design integration specifications.
- Ensure data accuracy, completeness, and consistency by implementing robust quality checks and validation processes. Develop and maintain automated monitoring systems to detect and address data anomalies proactively.
- Troubleshoot and resolve integration or data issues, performing root cause analysis and working with internal stakeholders to communicate customer data fixes required or finding novel workarounds to extract the signal we need from the data we have.
- Identify and implement impactful projects aimed at accelerating velocity and minimizing effort for integrations and their associated tools and processes.
Afresh is committed to pay equity and providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits package. Afresh conducts a pay equity audit twice each year to ensure that jobs of similar scope and impact are paid similar amounts. The final compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role’s scope, complexity, internal equity, the candidate’s experience/expertise, and success through the interview process.
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we're helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we've raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Here at Afresh, many of our employees work remotely provided that they reside in one of the following states: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MT, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI. However, there may be key roles that will require a candidate/employee to be local to our San Francisco, CA office. In which case this requirement will be included in the job posting details under "Skills and experience" for reference.