Senior Software Engineer (C# and .NET) at Emergent Software
We need one to Work closely with other talented software engineers. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
Senior Software Engineer Qualifications
- Knowledge of good architectural patterns for writing scalable and maintainable software
- Proven success leading projects from start to finish
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable speaking to clients
- Ability to estimate tasks effectively and accurately
- Ability to gather and write strong requirements based on client’s business objectives
Nice to Have Experience
- Consulting either independently or with a firm
- Working directly with customer teams of various sizes
- React or similar (e.g. Angular, Vue.JS)
- Blazor and/or web assembly
- Content management systems (e.g. Sitecore, Umbraco, Contentful)
- Microsoft Azure or similar (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Cross-platform mobile app development (e.g. Xamarin, React Native)
- Other programming languages & technologies (e.g. Node.JS, PostgreSQL, Ruby, PHP)
** This is an opportunity to join our team of top-notch software engineers working closely together on interesting projects for our clients. This position is fully remote (indefinitely).**
Emergent Software is looking for a senior software engineer who is a smart, passionate, and curious problem solver with experience using the Microsoft stack to solve business problems. A qualified candidate is a full stack software developer with advanced knowledge of C# and .NET and experience leading software development projects. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the agile software development life cycle.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented software engineers. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or whenever you work best
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
- Typical Tech Stack
- C# and ASP.NET Core
- React (JS or TypeScript) or Blazor
- SQL Server (on Azure)
- Azure PaaS (App Services, Azure SQL, etc.)
- Azure DevOps for CI/CD
- Umbraco, Sitecore, or Contentful (when CMS is required)
- Senior Software Engineer Primary Duties
- Solve client needs by building new custom software, enhancements, bug fixes, or consulting.
- Work on a full scrum team contributing new code and reviewing pull requests on a large enterprise scale software project.
- Or lead mid-sized software development projects from start to finish balancing work from multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participate in technical requirements gathering, technology selection, data modeling, Azure infrastructure design, and DevOps & CI/CD process design with guidance from our technical and architecture leadership.
- Architect & develop new applications and features using industry standard best practices.
- Meet with clients to craft technology solutions that meet their business needs and estimate the effort required to deliver.
- Collaborate with other software developers on an agile development team.
- Provide code feedback to other developers through pull request reviews.
- Share your knowledge at regular talk shop and lunch & learn sessions to help build a stronger team.
- Other related duties as assigned by your manager.
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best software engineers capable of developing high quality software for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top-notch engineers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
Application (5 minutes)
Online Assessment & Short Algorithm Challenge (60-80 minutes)
Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
At-Home Coding Challenge (3-4 hours)
Technical Interview (60-90 minutes)
Benefits Package Details
Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium costs (HSA options available)
Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the country and beyond. We are building a team of talented software engineers, database architects, UX designers and project managers capable of developing high quality custom software services for our clients.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic of 2020 hit, all we had to do was clean out the fridge and the shift to working fully remote began. Seeing this as an opportunity, we shifted to being a remote-first company and hiring people from anywhere. We still offer that Minnesota-nice, Midwest friendly attitude but now with people all over treated the same whether they know what the skyway system is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented engineers on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for people passionate about software development. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program, and solving complex problems on a variety of project provide ample long-term career development opportunities.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working other dedicated team members to deliver software solutions for our clients.
Check out what others say
Check us out on Glassdoor to see how employees enjoy our remote working structure, flexible hours, profit sharing program, and more!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance