Senior Software Engineer at Storyhunter, Inc.
Storyhunter is looking for a talented senior developer to join our team and lead development of our web API backend.
- 5+ years full stack web development with experience in PHP (Laravel a plus)
- Data modeling, SQL/NoSQL
- Asynchronous worker queues
- Great communication skills
- Excellent at problem-solving and root cause analysis
- An un-quenchable desire for better performance
Storyhunter is looking for a talented senior developer to join our team and lead development of our web API backend. You will have ownership over our API architecture and supporting backend services including data stores, job queues, third-party integrations and more.
You should have experience building web API services in PHP (Laravel is a plus), and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You need to be self-motivated, and the kind of person who gets excited about solving difficult technical challenges on web scale products. We have a relaxed, flexible work environment (we've been remote since before it was cool!), but we also take pride in maintaining an Engineering culture that promotes quality and professionalism.
If you are in the greater Austin, TX area, we have opportunities to work in-office, but many of our employees are fully remote and that's just fine too!
- Own the future development of our Laravel API framework
- Represent engineering requirements to product stakeholders
- Work with our front end engineers to support feature development
- Create and execute a roadmap for the future of our API architecture
- Build backend infrastructure solutions (docker, queues, routing)
- Convince us to migrate our api to Go
- Debate our CTO on the merits of tabs vs spaces
- Fix that one model that every new employee has tried to fix, yet ultimately agrees is complicated for a reason
- Ask to spar our resident staff Ninja
- A strong company culture that prides itself in diversity, tolerance, and personal growth
- Generous stock option packages
- A 100% remote working environment
- A brand new laptop of your choice
- $1000/year for home office expenses
- $500 monthly stipend for health care
- 401k plan
- FTO, but where we actually encourage you to use it
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Mentorship from passionate, friendly, and experienced colleagues
We want your time at Storyhunter to be among the most fulfilling and happy times in your life. We encourage vacation and family time. We believe mental and physical health are paramount. Your career is a marathon, not a sprint. We pride ourselves on flexibility and empathy for our teammates. We strive for work/life balance which is in the interests of individuals, companies, and society at large.
Check us out on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z99357jYpsg
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Austin, TX 78704: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux: 2 years (Preferred)
- PHP: 3 years (Required)
- Node.js: 1 year (Preferred)