Senior Software Engineer at Exact Sciences Corporation
As the senior member of the software engineering team, this person will be responsible for mentoring junior colleagues. The SSE will assign work and manage groups in an agile, collaborative, and supportive environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Sciences; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of software engineering experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with senior-level design capabilities using modern technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop software in Java.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework.
- 5+ years of experience with test-driven development.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, including data reduction.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience in molecular biology, genomics, translational science, and personalized medicine.
- Experience mentoring junior colleagues or leading productive teams.
The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) will work with Exact Sciences business unit leaders to direct the design and development of software solutions that the enable business.As the senior member of the software engineering team, this person will be responsible for mentoring junior colleagues. The SSE will assign work and manage groups in an agile, collaborative, and supportive environment.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Review all the software systems in the company.
- Participate in maintenance of and training of team members in Quality Management System.
- Ensure delivery of highest quality software projects on time and on budget.
- Develop, train, lead, and delegate to a team of junior engineers; may be formal or informal reporting relationship.
- Conceptualize new software for Exact Sciences with an eye on future needs.
- Maintain confidentiality and software compliance standards including system security and data assurance.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation as needed to capture system requirements and communicate system functionality.
- Coordinate the construction and maintenance of computer systems.
- Coordinate department needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Design R&D prototyping.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
$105,000.00 - $168,000.00
The annual base salary shown is a national range for this position on a full-time basis and may differ by hiring location. In addition, this position is bonus eligible, and is eligible to receive company stock upon hire as well as annually. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms, conditions, and eligibility requirements of the applicable plans.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
To view the Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices refer to
. These notices inform you of your rights protected by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)