Senior Software Developer In Test at Jelli
You will be embedded into a scrum team and work closely with fellow developers to ensure a high quality of code.
- 5+ years of professional experience in coding and software design
- Strong coding skills (Java, MySQL, REST)
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices, and Agile Software Development
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge - you should know how to create software that is extensible, reusable, and meets desired architectural objectives
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, git, Nexus
If you’re passionate about music and interested in shaping the future of how it’s consumed and monetized, Jelli is a great place to work. We are the tech engine for the largest audio company in America, iHeartMedia, and it’s our mission to help people more deeply enjoy music and audio experiences by providing platform technology that supports free listening through better audio advertising.
Jelli is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in Test. You will be embedded into a scrum team and work closely with fellow developers to ensure a high quality of code. You will bring a depth of knowledge and experience with Selenium, unit testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing, and an overall mindset towards building great code. You are expected to have a system-level perspective, seeing the big picture in order to be able to identify areas for improvement within our test frameworks and come up with innovative solutions to enable our products to perform and scale.
Note: We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19
- Desirable office locations in San Mateo, Boise, and New York
- Tight-knit teams that value teamwork and collaboration
- Company-sponsored virtual activities like yoga, meditation, and workouts
- Virtual wine tastings and game nights
- A stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks, and endless beverages
- Foosball and ping pong tables to keep things fun
- Our SaaS applications are powered by Ember.js on the front end and Java on the back end
- We utilize Amazon AWS infrastructure to host our application servers (Java, Python) and database server (MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB)
WHAT YOU’LL DO ON AN AVERAGE DAY
- Build test frameworks and testing related software in Java
- Design and architect services and system components
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases and translate that into a set of meaningful automated tests
- Work with developers on your team to ensure a high quality of code by being engaged with pull requests, design meetings, and the overall testing strategy
- Triage nightly automated test runs and maintain a high level of health within the entire test lifecycle.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver quality results on time
- Troubleshoot a complex system and perform root cause analysis
- Mentor junior engineers and drive quality-focused engineering processes
*Please note that estimated salary ranges on Linkedin are not always reflective of our actual salary