Senior React Native Developer at Whitespectre
We are looking for an experienced React Native Engineer to join one of our key delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis.
- 2+ years of production experience of React Native applications
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in modern JS frameworks e.g. React/Vue/Angular/Backbone.
- Experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, crossing over with 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse people, working together remotely and meeting in person in Barcelona!
We are looking for an experienced React Native Engineer to join one of our key delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you’ll work within a cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
As a senior member of the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart trade-offs to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers.
What will you do?
- Designing the architecture and building out a mobile app using React Native (JS or Typescript)
- Collaborating with backend engineers in designing, specifying and implementing services to decouple functionality (REST or GraphQL)
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Our company toolset includes ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to apps with low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook.
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote-first for 7+ years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.