Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Velocity Global
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing Information Technology team. This full-time position is remote within the United States, Canada, or LATAM.
- Ability to write software testing automation and implement QA best practices around several types of testing. Experience working with Cypress is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries for reporting purposes is a plus but not required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities related to multiple projects at once and work collaboratively across organizational lines
- Ability to assimilate information quickly. We do business across 185+ countries, so there is a lot to learn
- Not afraid to move quickly. We’re named Velocity Global for a reason
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing Information Technology team. This full-time position is remote within the United States, Canada, or LATAM. This position will be responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of all aspects of testing our custom software and supporting services. Most importantly, though, they will be tasked with pushing our QA practices to the next level of maturity with an increased focus on automation as part of a DevOps value stream. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, collaborate effectively, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help our team. This individual will report to our Manager of Quality Assurance.
- Build test automation, perform manual testing, assist with application troubleshooting, and act as an escalation point for internal application support
- Work directly w/the development team to ensure the accuracy of the development of our application
- Ensure all tests are completed and provide feedback to different stakeholders on the status of code quality
- Contribute as a member of a geographically diverse QA team
- Mature overall QA practices within the organization
- Develop a strong understanding of our business to enable effective testing programs
- Manage and support the testing process of business applications
- Write bugs and test bug fixes
- Manage the communication of bug priorities and fixes with individual business units
- Navigate organizational change, continuously cultivating positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Constantly improve personally, growing as a technical contributor and human
- Keep it as simple as possible and no simpler
- Velocity: Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
- Integrity: Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
- Be Bold: Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Empowerment: Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Service: Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work-anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative “owner-employees” committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!