Senior QA Engineer at OnShift, Inc
We are looking for someone to Work with the QA director, QA engineers, software engineers, product managers, development managers, and others to help drive a test strategy based on Scrum/Agile methodologies and implement best practices
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field - or - equivalent experience in software testing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a tester, developer or other relevant role
- Experience designing, building and testing commercial business applications
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with automated testing tools and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to write test automation scripts
- Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems, critical thinker
- Ability to understand and execute Context Driven testing
- Ability to define and develop project test strategies
- Ability to Identify tasks / dependencies / risks during backlog grooming / planning
- Ability to proactively learn and apply test design principles
- Ability to create tests from stories/requirements
- Ability to execute tests and record test results
- Demonstrated application of strong analytical skills
- Ability to challenge the status-quo
- Ability to communicate effectively within and among departments with team members of all levels
- Experience working directly with relational databases is preferred
- EEO STATEMENT
OnShift is looking to add a Senior QA Engineer to our dedicated and ambitious engineering team. This individual should be able to understand complex cross-platform software systems and implement manual and automated test strategies. They will help their team drive high standards of quality and collaborate with other teams to achieve and maintain those standards. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to advance their testing career!
WHO WE ARE
OnShift is a B2B Software Company headquartered in the theater district of Cleveland, Ohio. We are a remote-first organization using the office as a hub for innovation, collaboration, meetings, and social interaction. Along the way we've secured notable awards, some of them include 2021 Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio and 2021 Weatherhead 100. We’re growing fast, we love what we do, and we do it with passion.
Since our inception, OnShift has been uniquely dedicated to the needs of the long-term post-acute healthcare and senior living workforce. We recognize that employees are the greatest asset, and today it's more critical than ever to attract and retain staff members. Our HCM software solutions are designed to deliver operational excellence while improving the daily lives of healthcare employees, so they can focus on what matters most—delivering quality care to patients and residents.
As an organization, we value people who are dedicated and innovative and we reward them with challenging work, competitive pay, solid benefits, equity participation, career growth, and personal development.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
OnShift understands that diverse teams who feel a sense of belonging create a better employee experience, have more fun at work, drive better business results, and create more innovative products. OnShift is committed to continuously evaluating and improving our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging efforts through our internal Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIBs) initiative.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Define/create and maintain test plans and strategies for existing and new products with medium to complex testing efforts
- Write automated test scripts
- Execute both manual and automated tests
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements
- Identify and explain risks to non-technical stakeholders
- Help implement and drive automated testing strategies across multiple systems and platforms
- Work with the QA director, QA engineers, software engineers, product managers, development managers and others to help drive a test strategy based on Scrum/Agile methodologies and implement best practices
- Mentor less experienced QA testers
- As an Agile Team Member
- Collaborate with all team members
- Actively participate in Scrum ceremonies
We believe in equal employment and advancement opportunities for all people, based on ability, potential and record of accomplishment.