Senior Python Engineer, Backend at AssemblyAI
We're looking for a senior backend engineer with strong software and cloud engineering skills. You'll help us build highly scalable developer-centric APIs powered by state-of-the-art ML models.
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years of working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- 2+ working with Python backend frameworks like Django, Flask, or Tornado
- 2+ years developing REST APIs
- 2+ years working with common AWS services
- 2+ years of production support experience
AssemblyAI (http://www.assemblyai.com) is the #1 rated API for Speech Recognition. Thousands of developers use our APIs to transcribe millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day - powering innovative products like visual voicemail, meeting summarizers, and closed captioning.
We're backed by leading investors including Y Combinator, John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, Daniel Gross, and Nat Friedman. We were founded in 2017.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build new API features and endpoints
- Build automated test suites and CI/CD pipelines
- Integrate and deploy state of the art machine learning models into production
- Build new batch and streaming applications
- Refactor applications to eliminate tech debt
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Participate in the team on-call rotation
You'll love this job if you....
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, even when there is no perfect solution.
- Enjoy being in a fast paced, customer-facing role.
- Thrive in small, cross-functional teams. We like to wear many hats here!
- You're excited to tackle big technical challenges like fast scaling of ML models and achieving zero-downtime deploys.
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered)
- Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 3-4x/year company paid team retreats