Senior PHP Developer at GameAnalytics
We need one to Work closely with product development, engineering and frontend teams to rapidly develop our product, across several different technologies (PHP & JS focus
- 7+ years experience in PHP software development at a major company
- Knowledge of MySQL and other database technologies
- Experience processing data asynchronously (distributed and parallel processing)
- Proficient working with classes (encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism, traits, etc)
- Solid understanding of both TDD and Automated Testing
- Understanding of design patterns and implementation of frameworks
- Knowledgeable about (and motivated to follow) clean code paradigms
- Good understanding of gaming in general and mobile gaming in particular
- Great written communication and interpersonal skills -- able to build rapport with a wide array of people using virtual communication channels
- Excellent oral and verbal skills in English
- Previous experience building SaaS applications and working with AWS
- Experience working with non-relational databases (NoSQL, Couchbase, etc)
- A games industry background (or real passion for games) is a big bonus!
About Game Analytics
From indie developers, games studios, to established publishers, GameAnalytics is currently the #1 analytics tool for anyone building a mobile game. Our network includes +100,000 games, which are played by more than 2 billion people each month.
What’s our mission? To help game developers make the right decisions based on data. And by joining our team, you’ll be working on new and innovative products to help tens of thousands of people in the industry do just that.
About the team
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior PHP Developer with experience building SaaS web applications. This is a great position for someone looking to take a leading role in the development of a promising new GameAnalytics product. GameAnalytics is one of the world’s most popular analytics tools, with a network of 140,000 integrated games that are played by more than 1.7 billion people each month (more than â of mobile gamers).
As part of the wider team, you’ll work closely and collaboratively with key business stakeholders, reporting directly to the business unit commercial and engineering leads. We’re looking for a quick learner with proven experience building large scale PHP systems. Also, a geek at heart who loves to play around with the latest technologies and games.
You’ll work closely with the engineering, product and marketing teams to ensure that our tools are always performing at their very best. You’ll have a good memory and an analytical mind and you’ll apply these smarts to improve the overall development process with automated unit tests and TDD.
- Key contributor on the development of a promising new GameAnalytics product
- Working closely with product development, engineering and frontend teams to rapidly develop our product, across several different technologies (PHP & JS focus)
- Participate in feature development and create tasks/tickets in Jira/Trello, as well as fully testing and reviewing all updates in a TDD environment
- Ensure a bug-free experience for our customers via extensive testing; i.e. unit tests to ensure ongoing quality, bug-free code
- High responsiveness to internal queries, prioritisation of issues and escalation to other members of the team where necessary
- Helping to coordinate frequent product releases without jeopardizing system stability
Ensure that our internal documentation is clear, comprehensive and well-maintained
- Remote working flexibility – or part-time remote
- (When in office) Food, snacks and drink
- Entertainment Area
- 25 days paid holiday (excluding bank holiday)
- Company sickness leave
- Parental and guardian leave
- Additional compassionate leave
- “Work-from-Anywhere” Scheme
- Learning budgets
- Monthly social nights
- Expense phone bill
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note that you will be hired under a PEO arrangement for remote roles located outside of the UK and Denmark. This is to ensure that our benefits are not in violation of local employment laws.