Senior Java / Python Developer at Silent Eight
The Sr. Developer will contribute to the complete development cycle. Our Sr. Developers will have great problem-solving and time management skills with the ability to write efficient codes, review codes, test features, and debug code.
- Experience in software architecture, design, development and testing of Java 8 / Java 11+ & Spring
- Python 3, The Python Standard Library, Pandas or PySpark, NLTK, gRPC, Jupyter Notebooks,
- Experience with the following: ORM (Hibernate), SQL, JSON, REST, MQ Messaging, Git, Maven or Gradle, Jenkins, JUnit 5/Spock
- SOLID, OOP, design patterns
- Relational databases
- TDD, BDD practical understanding
- Our culture
You will be co-creating our business solutions
We believe that your feedback allows us to create the best solutions as well as adjusted work culture. You will have a real impact on the growth of the company and the product we develop.
We aren’t your run-of-the-mill tech start-up. At Silent Eight, everyone is a leader in their own field with perspective and experience shared across teams and departments.
Because learning never ends, we empower our employees to invest in themselves. We provide a range of resources such as paid Development Days, in-house training, lunch-and-learns, etc. to make sure our employees are continuing to grow each day.
Team building events
We know that our success is only possible if we work together as a team. We are a group of passionate individuals united by a common mission. Therefore we like to meet together regularly to connect not just as coworkers, but as human beings, whether it’s at an offsite in Dubai or a weekly “Tea Time” to catch up.
At Silent Eight, we develop our own AI-based products to combat financial crimes that enable things like money laundering, the financing of terrorism, and systemic corruption. We’re a leading RegTech firm working with large international financial institutions such as Standard Chartered Bank and HSBC. Join us and help make the world a safer place!
The Sr. Developer will contribute to the complete development cycle. Our Sr. Developers will have great problem-solving and time management skills with the ability to write efficient codes, review codes, test features, and debug code. Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions to help prevent, detect and report on financial crimes and terrorist financing activities.
Location: 100% Remote, anywhere in the US.
- Perform software development for AML (Anti-Money Laundering) platform including developing prototypes, automated testing, and coding solutions of various technologies.
- Participate in R&D initiatives – a creation of prototypes or proof of concept solutions to extend our products
- Extend the platform to integrate with clients systems
- Write product documentation for customers to clearly describe the installation process and platform capabilities
- Maintain the highest security standards due to the processing of PII data
- Collaborate closely with teammates (data science, product, project)
- Coach and mentor junior engineers on design techniques, engineering process, coding standards, and testing practices.
- Modern Technology Stack:
- Work methodology: Scrum
- Main technologies: Java 11+, Spring Boot, Python 3, PostgreSQL, Apache Spark, Docker, Angular 7
- Tools used: RabbitMQ, Consul, Traefik, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Artifactory, SonarQube, Keycloak, Minio, Nomad, Kubernetes
- CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Argo CD
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Code reviews: GitLab
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS
- Issue tracking tool: Jira
- Knowledge repository: Confluence, Google Drive
- Operating system: Linux Ubuntu and Redhat
- Freedom to choose tools: Yes
100% remote work forever
We are not new to working remotely. In fact, we’ve been doing it since 2013 and we know how to make you feel supported, connected, and included. We believe that the freedom to choose where you work from is important to finding the journey that is right for you.
Don’t wait! Join our team today!
Silent Eight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States?
- Java: 1 year (Required)
- Python: 1 year (Required)