Senior Java Engineer at Personal Capital
We are looking for a very curious Senior Java/AWS Engineer. You need to be a thinker and a doer. You need to be smart and build smart products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Expertise with standard server-side software technologies, including: Java, MySQL, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience with REST and API design
- Experience with AWS Cloud Computing infrastructure and APIs is a big plus.
- Solid practitioner’s understanding of secure application development best practices, such as OWASP
- Deployment of scalable web systems with architectural requirements for high availability, high throughput, low response time, etc.
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) with appropriate use of design patterns.
- Desire to grow professionally with a small, focused, development team in a fast-paced team.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Computer Science or related field
About Us: Personal Capital, an Empower Company, is a remote-delivery, industry-leading digital wealth management company that helps people transform their financial lives through technology and advisory services. In 2020, Personal Capital joined Empower Retirement, the nation’s second-largest retirement services provider, to continue the mission to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our state-of-the-art tools and technology provide investors with a complete financial picture, utilized by over 2.5 million customers. Our registered investment advisors offer expert guidance and customized strategies based on a personal understanding of an investor’s financial picture and goals. Personal Capital currently manages over $14 billion in assets, virtually delivered from offices across the U.S
The Opportunity: You will work on data that will amaze you, work with a team that will inspire you, and help create products that truly add value to our users. Personal Capital’s server team is extremely agile and native of the cloud and you will have the chance to to be an influencing member of this team, not just on Personal Capital, but also on the financial lives of our users. We keep our feet on the ground and heads in the cloud.
The Candidate: We are looking for a very curious Senior Java/AWS Engineer. You need to be a thinker and a doer. You need to be smart and build smart products. You need to be ambitious. This is not an easy job: you will need to wear multiple hats, work with many unknowns, travel many unpaved roads to tackle large-scale problems. And you need to have a cloud native app mentality. This will be your finest work and creation, and an amazing engineering team is there to collaborate with you and support you.
**Please note that although this specific post is for a senior engineer, our team has openings across various levels - mid-level software engineer, senior engineer, principal engineer, and engineering manger.
The Work: As a server side engineer you will work on many initiatives, integrations, innovations, while always trying to scale it more, improve performance and keep the system secure.
- Design, implement, deploy and support new web-based applications and web services using server technologies stacks that include Java, MySQL and AWS services.
- Define and implement REST Web Services for exposing personal financial services for managing financial accounts, payments, investment portfolios, credit products
- Execute end-to-end software development and deployment in an agile environment that greatly values CI/CD.
- Define and develop cloud-native distributed systems and container orchestration platforms using micro service and serverless architectures.
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.