Senior Java Developer at Vroom
We need one to Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications.
- Proven experience as a software developer.
- Experience in designing and building applications.
- Ability to program in at least one major object oriented programming language such as C# or Java (J2EE).
- Excellent understanding of best practices in software design and programming principles.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills.
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field.
- 7 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MSc/MA is desired.
- Certified application developer is a plus.
- Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
United Auto Credit Corporation (UACC), a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of Vroom, is seeking a Sr. Java Developer to design and construct solutions for the business' needs while properly navigating the development life cycle for application development. You will contribute ideas and potential solutions to the development team in overall application technology and design activities. You will also assist in the projection/maintenance of time estimates for small and medium component deliverables.
Base Pay Range: $125-140k
- Understand business requirements and how they translate into application features.
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications.
- Design creative proof of concepts according to specifications as needed.
- Develop high quality source code within assigned deadlines.
- Perform unit and integration testing before promoting or committing code/solutions.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Evaluate existing applications to redesign, update and/or add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
Proven experience as a software developer.
Experience in designing and building applications.
Ability to program in at least one major object oriented programming language such as C# or Java (J2EE).
Excellent understanding of best practices in software design and programming principles.
A team player with excellent communication skills.
Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
Great attention to detail and time-management skills.
BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field.
7 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
MSc/MA is desired.
Certified application developer is a plus.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
United Auto Credit Corporation, a wholly owned indirect subsidary of Vroom, is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspectives and contributions. We believe our values of SPEED (Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development) are best realized in an environment, whether physical or virtual, where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
UACC maintains a working environment that encourages mutual respect and promotes harmonious and friendly relationships among employees. The company prohibits any form of employment discrimination or harassment against employees, applicants, or other protected persons in the workplace based on a protected characteristic(s), regardless of who the source is of such conduct. Protected characteristics include race, color, religion, creed, sex (including gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This commitment to antidiscrimination and antiharassment applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring.
UACC likewise provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants, employees, or other legally protected individuals in the workplace with a disability to enable them to participate in the job application process, to perform the essential functions of a job, or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment equal to those of other employees, except if the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. The company also makes reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and practices.
UACC complies with all applicable federal, state, and/or local laws relating to equal employment.
Other Things to Note
This posting is not intended to provide a comprehensive account of the duties and responsibilities that may be required of this position. Duties and responsibilities may change or be added at any time, with or without notice.
Please review our
privacy and CCPA policies