Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Workiva
As a Senior Software Engineer at Workiva, you will have the chance to work with a diverse and cutting-edge tech stack that includes Java, Kotlin, Go, React, and Dart.
What You’ll Need
- 4 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors Degree or 2 years with a Masters Degree
- Strong foundation in computer science, including expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in modern programming languages such as Dart, React, Go, Java, and/or Kotlin
- Expertise in debugging complex systems or applications
- Experience as a technical mentor preferred, with the ability to coach and mentor junior engineers
- Experience working in an agile development environment preferred, with a focus on continuous improvement and delivery
- Experience developing for service-oriented architecture is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and adaptability skills, with a commitment to staying up-to-date with new technologies and best practices in software engineering.
Are you a passionate Senior Software Engineer seeking an exhilarating opportunity to join the innovative world of Workiva? Look no further! We are actively hiring talented individuals to join our dynamic engineering teams, offering multiple opportunities across various projects and needs. As a Senior Software Engineer at Workiva, you will have the chance to work with a diverse and cutting-edge tech stack that includes Java, Kotlin, Go, React, and Dart. However, we are proud to be language agnostic, valuing your exceptional ability to hit the ground learning and make an immediate impact.
Each of our teams are focused on unique and exciting projects, offering a vibrant and stimulating environment to showcase your skills. We believe in empowering our engineers to provide quick value and make a substantial impact from day one. We are committed to finding exceptional engineers who possess a solid foundation in software development and are ready to embark on a thrilling journey with us!
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and implement high-quality software solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other stakeholders to understand and refine project requirements and ensure alignment with product vision and strategy
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that follows industry best practices and coding standards
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members to ensure code quality and consistency
- Deliver and document team or group level technical solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans and automated tests (unit, integration, functional, etc.) with Workiva solutions in mind to ensure software quality and reliability
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues across multiple service and application contexts using tools and techniques appropriate for the problem
- Collaborate with support teams in triaging and resolving production issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Participate in product discovery activities with customers and stakeholders to gain insights, validate hypotheses, and identify opportunities for innovation
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to identify problems, suggest solutions, and drive continuous improvement
- Mentor and coach other engineers both technically and culturally, providing guidance and support to help them grow and achieve their full potential
- Communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, using clear and concise language
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
Salary range in the US:
$102,000.00 - $173,000.00
A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva:
Learn more about benefits:
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.