Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Samotics
We are looking for someone to join our Dashboard & Integrations team. This team develops new features that provide insight into the health and performance of our customers’ industrial machines, as well as supporting our partners in monitoring their fleet of IoT devices.
Who should apply?
This is a position for a senior software engineer with at least 3 years of relevant coding experience. You are a confident and experienced full-stack developer. We're looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
Mandatory skills and experience
- Experience designing, building, testing and deploying modern web applications
- Backend experience with at least one of the following: Python, Java, C++, or Node.js
- Frontend experience with at least one modern front-end framework: Angular, React, Vue, Polymer, or web components
- Experience with any or all of the following is a big plus!
- Relational and non-relational databases such as:
- PostgreSQL / MySQL / MSSQL / Oracle
- DynamoDB / Cassandra / MongoDB / Kafka
- Prior professional experience working in scale-ups
Passionate about solving the problem of unplanned downtime, Samotics (formerly Semiotic Labs) uses AI-driven electrical waveform analysis to create smart predictive maintenance solutions that increase productivity while saving customers’ time and money.
Our product, SAM4, leverages machine learning algorithms and IoT sensors to detect upcoming failures in critical industrial assets up to months in advance. But SAM4 does more than just prevent unplanned downtime. It also enables the world's largest and most successful industrial companies to significantly reduce energy waste.
We are a growing, energetic company where professionalism, a great atmosphere and cutting-edge technology go hand in hand. Our team in Leiden, the Netherlands currently has about 50 people and continues to grow.
The Dashboard & Integrations Team
We are looking for someone to join our Dashboard & Integrations team. This team develops new features that provide insight into the health and performance of our customers’ industrial machines, as well as supporting our partners in monitoring their fleet of IoT devices. We have enormous amounts of sensor data, and are looking for someone to present them to our clients in a fast, consistent and intuitive way. What’s more, you will also help reduce the carbon footprint of industrial machines (together responsible for more than 40% of global electricity usage), by improving our dedicated energy monitor.
You will work in a small, dedicated team designing and implementing data structures, algorithms, interactive visualizations and user interfaces to share these insights with clients via web applications and APIs. You build these features end-to-end; you work on databases, application logic and user interfaces.
What you will do
- Design, implement, test and deploy our web applications that offer actionable information about the health and performance of industrial machines
- Improve our web applications for IoT device fleet monitoring and advanced data analysis
- Further develop and scale our infrastructure and backend systems
- Gather requirements from different stakeholders
- Build functional APIs to expose our services
- Code reviews, continuous integration, automation and daily deployments
How we work
The development team uses its own simple, practical and functional methodology, allowing you to fully focus on software engineering without having to switch tasks.
You will work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility.
We take pride in combining professionalism, trust and few meetings.
The development team
The software engineering team currently consists of 9 experienced developers working on a large architecture covering a wide domain, from signal processing on our edge devices through dashboarding for different user groups. Continuous improvement and daily deployments are at the heart of the high level of quality we deliver.
Since we work on cutting-edge technology, we use an up-to-date stack:
- The team prefers to use Linux distributions for their development environments
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Ability to work remotely
- The chance to work on cutting-edge technology that affects industry worldwide
- A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
- Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks (order your favorite soups or salads on our dedicated Slack lunch channel)
- A growing scale-up led by experienced entrepreneurs and managers with a solid track record