Senior Frontend Engineer at Equinix
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions.
- 7+ years experience preferred
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Senior Frontend Engineer
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. With Equinix Metal, customers can rapidly deploy automated single-tenant infrastructure and interact with 2,000+ networks and 3,000 cloud and service providers. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Summary: Analyzes business requirements/functional designs and works with business teams, BSAs, and other engineers to design systems and application software, mentor junior members of the team.
- Reviews, analyzes and gives feedback on requirements/functional designs
- Software/Application Architecture
- Participates in architectural review process
- Designs for larger enhancements and projects
- Conducts peer design reviews
- Develops and maintains code for larger enhancements, projects and integrations
- Fixes defects and participates and conducts peer code review
- Follows design and coding standards and processes
- Conducts code performance analysis and tuning
Develops unit and cross functional tests, develops test strategies, executes test cases, logs issues, manages issues, recommends testing frameworks and records and runs automated test scripts
- Defines deployment and release guidelines
- Defines and executes environment planning and cross-functional dependencies
- Documents the software configuration management practices and educates cross-functional stakeholders on the process and tools
- Software Reliability & Support Engineering
- Captures, consolidates and maintains inventory of production applications, flows and systems for all the software engineering verticals
- Helps in preparing application support documentation
- Troubleshoots basic application issues with the help of knowledgebase documents
- Status reporting, release management progress updates
- Technical Project Management
- Provides level of effort (LOE)
- Manages assigned development tasks to schedule/plan
For CO residents: In accordance with Colorado State Law (https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb19-085) the salary range for this role is $116,000 – $163,000 per year with 20% bonus target.
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to [email protected] Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Magic of Equinix
Stay connected: LinkedIn , YouTube , Facebook , Twitter
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.