Senior Front-End Engineer at ProQuest
We are looking for someone who has Knowledge about build/packaging tools like angular-cli, npm and Webpack module builder.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing modern Single Page Application (SPAs)
- Proficiency in Angular and Typescript.
- Detailed experience with coding and the ability to troubleshoot and analyze websites using HTML5, SASS, CSS3 and comparable languages.
- Knowledge about build/packaging tools like angular-cli, npm and Webpack module builder
- Ability to improve Usability and Accessibility of the web app without UX designer guidance.
- Ability to write automated unit test cases for the web applications using Protractor/Jasmine/Karma or related frameworks.
- Incorporate accessibility tags into the development to make the application screen reader friendly and keyboard/tab friendly.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 6 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize code for the best possible outcome.
- Continued education and research into UI development trends and current design strategies.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on Scrum-sprint level milestones and deliverables.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces.
- Knowledge with Apache or Nginx web servers a plus.
- Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- REST (or SOAP) interface experience.
The Software Engineer Senior is responsible for the design, implementation, and testing phases of the software development life cycle.