Senior DevOps Engineer - Expert at Primary Talent Partners
We need one to Design, build and deploy secure and compliant infrastructure systems for managing our public cloud environment, using next gen technologies like containers and microservices.
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) in an IT-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in python programming language and be able to develop and maintain software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in a variety of languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby etc).
- A strong understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure or with a focus on the infrastructure services
- Hands on experience with IaC and CI/CD tools and workflows
- A certification such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect / DevOps or other cloud certification would be great
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Experience with APM services like New Relic and DataDog
Primary Talent Partners has 2 openings for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our huge AgTech client. This is a 6-month contract opening with high potential to extend based on performance
5-6-month W2 contract without sponsorship, No C2C
Are you a passionate DevOps Engineer with deep technical know-how and hands-on experience implementing various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. Are you interested in promoting the DevOps culture in our organizations?
Our team's challenge is to accelerate our engineering organization’s innovation and research. We build systems that efficiently and reliably make our technical community a better place.Our team’s vision is that Infrastructure Is Code, where engineers doing development can manage their cloud systems as easily as they can their code. If you have a passion for solving complex problems with technology, then this could be the job for you!
What You will do:
- Design, build and deploy secure and compliant infrastructure systems for managing our public cloud environment, using next gen technologies like containers and microservices.
- Empower engineering and data science teams to provision, maintain and troubleshoot development, staging and production environments through automated workflows.
- Architect our deployment systems to be more reliable, secure, faster, and make best use of available infrastructure.
- Proactively identify the engineering team’s pain points and research potential open source solutions or design new solutions and guide the team in implementation.
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities, and partner with engineering to come up with remediation plans.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $85.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- COVID-19 considerations:
- COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment by your start date to comply with Executive Order 14042
- Application Question(s):
- Are you seeking C2C work? (N/A if unsure)
- DevOps: 5 years (Required)
- Python: 5 years (Required)
- Bash: 5 years (Preferred)
- Ruby: 5 years (Preferred)
- AWS: 5 years (Required)
- GCP: 1 year (Preferred)
- CI/CD (Git, Jira, GitLab, Jenkins): 1 year (Preferred)
- APM Services (DataDog/New Relic): 1 year (Preferred)