Senior DevOps Engineer at Ascensus
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working collaboratively with our high-energy Agile software engineering teams to streamline deployment and operation of our systems.
Skills/ Experience required to do this job well
- Minimum of 5+ years of Hands-on experience working in an Enterprise organization as a DevOps/Build/Deployment and Engineering & Operations skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and related tools
- Hands-on experience in production environments, both deploying and troubleshooting applications in Windows /Linux environment.
- Strong experience automating with scripting languages such as Power Shell, Python and any deployment scripting languages
- Experience with CI/CD deployment supporting Microsoft technologies (IIS, Team Foundation Server (TFS, VSTS), GIT/ ProGit, Octopus Deploy and TeamCity is preferred)
- Proficient in Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Similar)
- Hands-on experience with Containerization, Docker & Kubernetes is required.
- Good understanding of Micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Good understanding of networking, load balancing, caching, security, config and certificate management.
- Experience in larger Enterprise suites such as BPM, CRM, Portals, Content Management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with .Net framework
- Experience with ASP.Net and MVC and/or Java and Struts
- Experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Experience with cloud computing using Azure or AWS
- Experience with infrastructure as code software like Terraform
- Understanding of SOA and distributed computing
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) practices with an automated testing framework
- Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
- Must possess strong analytical and technical documentation skills
- Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Experience with distributed systems or a large enterprise background is preferred
- Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with design and development best practices
- Detail orientation and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of SDLC automation concepts such as continuous integration
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working collaboratively with our high-energy Agile software engineering teams to streamline deployment and operation of our systems. This position is responsible for the supporting & building Scalability, Performance & Reliability of the application infrastructure at an Enterprise level. This position ensures a focus on automation, efficiency, and continuous delivery initiatives.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The important ways to spend time in this job are:
- Continuously collaborating with team(s) to evaluate Monitoring and Performance of the environment
- Identify opportunity to automate scripts for software builds and deployments and help streamline the pipeline
- Participate in technology and design discussions
- Influence & research on new tools/ technology solutions/processes to improve SDLC pipeline
- The scope of work includes build, machine configuration, test infrastructure and virtual machine deployment.
- Level-3 support for Production Environment
- Commitment for protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access to and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
The 2-3 most important duties of this job are:
- Work directly with teams across projects, supporting them by problem-solving and innovating/ building support solution on infrastructure needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments especially Production