Senior Data Engineer - Experimentation Platform at Spotify
We are looking for someone to Build batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Storm, Spark on the Google Cloud Platform.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience in data engineering and you know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data.
- Proficient in big data SQL based databases, for instance Big Query.
- Knowledgeable regarding data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Skilled in your craft, coding in Java and Scala.
- Experienced in crafting and building maintainable backend services in Java
- You are a brave learner; You see unfamiliar territories as an opportunity to grow.
- You value team collaboration and seek to grow the skills and knowledge of your peers.
"Think it, build it, ship it, tweak it" is at the core of Spotify's development approach, and in Experimentation we are providing Spotify teams the platform and the best practices to do exactly this: quickly and safely iterate through ideas, learn from them and make informed decisions for better products. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a backend/infrastructure development background to join the Experimentation Platform team. Join a multidisciplinary team of data-, web-, backend engineers and data scientists that share a passion for bringing the scientific experimentation methodology to the daily toolbox of every Spotify team. Some day to day tasks include building and running data pipelines for datasets produced and consumed by the Experimentation Platform, digging into and working with data in large databases such as Big Query, and ultimately building tooling helping hundred of employees make data-informed decisions affecting millions of people.
What you'll do
- Build batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Storm, Spark on Google Cloud Platform.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Take part in discussions and share around metrics, SQL, data science and engineering in general.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with inspiring work, encouraging you to acquire new skills.
- Develop yourself and our community through participating in Hackdays, thematic guilds, and through a variety of internal training courses.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens. Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.