Senior Cloud Automation Engineer at The College Board
As a Senior Cloud Automation Engineer on the team, you are passionate about automated testing and working with teams to deliver high-quality code.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or related work experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development environments with a strong focus on quality assurance and test automation
- Strong experience with test automation libraries, ideally Playwright, Selenium/ Web driverIO
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of test strategies within development environments and workflows
In addition, you are:
- Communicative, approachable, and collaborative
- Willing to learn, comfortable with failure, and self-driven
- User and mission oriented
- Generous in service of students, colleagues, and partners
About the Team
The College Board’s Pivot team of engineers develops and delivers products and customer-facing platforms critical to HigherEd institutions, students, and other internal and external stakeholders. You will be joining a rapidly expanding elite team of engineers that is committed to building a privacy-forward product that will connect students and colleges. At maturity, the product will serve engaging content to students across multiple channels, including a mobile app. We are focused on improving the speed and reliability of our service delivery in support of our mission; to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students annually.
About the Opportunity:
As a Senior Cloud Automation Engineer on the team, you are passionate about automated testing and working with teams to deliver high-quality code. You will apply strong expertise and knowledge of a variety of test automation tools to pioneer automated end-to-end testing for a high-impact content creation web application that integrates with a newly emerging content management ecosystem. In addition to test automation, you will review other team members’ automation code, offer your opinions on testing strategies, run through manual tests, and augment our CI/CD pipeline.
In this role, you will:
- Create and implement, in collaboration with team members, acceptance criteria for web application features
- Automate end-to-end (E2E) acceptance & regression tests using Playwright
- Work with CI/CD pipelines to automate tests
- Manage regression testing for releases
- Write JIRA stories for bugs discovered while testing
- Coordinate with developers to resolve broken tests
Our Benefits & Compensation:
- College Board offers a strong compensation and benefits package that attracts top talent looking to make a difference in education.
- Our robust benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid parental leave, retirement benefits with a generous matching program, and more
- We reward performance through annual bonuses and provide opportunities for salary growth over time through base compensation increases, merit raises and promotions
- We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact. The salary range for a new employee in this position is $144,000-$157,000. The salary offer of an individual candidate within this range is specific to their location and qualifications
- Each salary offer is determined carefully using internal and external bench marking and adjusting for the candidate’s location. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process
- As a self-sustaining non-profit organization with global impact, College Board offers a job that matters, a team that cares, and a place to learn, innovate and thrive!
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year
- We prioritize building a diverse and inclusive team where every employee can thrive, and every voice is heard
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals
- Our high-performing engineers work with the latest technologies, so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skills, enabling you to be industry-forward instead of left behind technologically