Senior Backend Software Engineer at E. & J. Gallo Winery
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer you will drive and create digital solutions to solve business problems.
What You Will Need:
Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR Bachelor's degree plus Cloud SA or Architect certification plus 2 years experience in back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR High-school diploma plus 8 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services.
- Exposure to functional (python) and object-oriented (java, scala, clojure) programming languages.
- Familiar with design patterns.
- Experience working with AWS or other public Cloud platforms.
- Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs.
- Experience working on projects with multiple engineers.
Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer you will drive and create digital solutions to solve business problems. You will maintain host environments through platform and API backend solutions to ensure front end operations run efficiently. You will work with cross-functional partners to determine software needs and ensure functionality and continuous updates.
What Will You Do:
- Designs, implements and tests REST APIs and data processing pipelines for mobile, web and 3rd party integrations.
- Designs and implements highly scalable data-intensive processing environments to support a website or application.
- Serves as a part of an agile team that embraces best practices and modern tools for platform development (Git, ServiceNow, Postman, Cocoapods, Docker, node.js, docker, AWS).
- Design and Implement REST APIs and data processing pipelines for mobile, web and 3rd party integrations under the direction of engineering leadership.
- Design and implement highly scalable data-intensive processing environments for machine learning and data analytics.
- Guides the solution architecture for the platform development team.
- Provides technical support, coaching and guidance to junior members and peers of the engineering team.
- Designs and implements highly scalable microservices.
- Leads the design and code review process across the team.
- Produces high quality code with an emphasis on software craftsmanship.
- Ensures codebase is continuously deliverable, discoverable and deployable.
- Works closely with senior leadership to support technical excellence of team members and overall enterprise technology stack.
- Builds knowledge and contribute ideas through interactive product design sessions, hackathons, and in-field opportunities.
- Works with little to no guidance and has a high level of autonomy.
- Handles complex issues and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher level staff.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides guidance and technical direction to peers and junior members of the development team.
- Provides architectural design standards for the platform team to serve web, mobile and 3rd party integrators.
- Facilitates weekly code reviews for workstream.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
What Will Set You Apart:
Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR Bachelor's degree plus Cloud SA or Architect certification plus 4 years experience in back end software development or building scalable back end services; OR High-school diploma plus 10 years of IT experience to include back end software development or building scalable back end services.
- Experience developing with the Inductive Automation Ignition Platform or equivalent Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Experience with Operational Data Historians
- Experience working with Controls Engineers to develop scalable solution architectures
- Strong experience with functional programming languages such as Python.
- AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional Certification.
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Certification.
- AWS Solutions Architect – Professional Certification.
- AWS Specialized Certificates (Database, Machine Learning, Data Analytics).
- Possesses a passion for clean and testable code.
- Experience with compiled JVM language (Java, Scala, Clojure).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Experience working on an agile team.
- Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Hiring Salary Range: $79,560 - $140,400.
Actual compensation amount paid may be lower or higher to be determined by factors other than race and gender such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Requisition ID: 99359
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.