Senior Backend Node Developer (GraphQL) at Differential
The ideal candidate for this opening is someone who has a strong passion for writing code to bring digital products to life—a passion for the entire product development process—from identifying the right “How will we…” questions to de-risk an implementation early to sequencing the work.
Differential employees are those who:
- Communicate effectively with clients and teammates
- Are self-motivated
- Learn quickly and relentlessly
- Are curious about technology and the impact it can make on the world
- Enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for their work
- Enjoy collaborating with others on solving meaningful problems
Differential is growing! Yep, it turns out clients like us :) Our team of designers, developers, jokesters, and all around good folk needs more firepower. We’re proudly headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, but our team spans across the country.
In addition to only choosing the best group of people to work around, we are also very picky about the types of clients we’ll work with. In line with our mission to rapidly unlock value for good people with meaningful ideas, we partner with forward-thinking corporate pioneers and innovators to revolutionize their organizations from the inside out and bring great digital products to life. This translates to a diverse range of products like transforming retail with Adidas, helping Lexmark innovate cross-industry, streamlining the sales process with Big Ass Fans, to multi-platform mobile apps for large audiences with Crossroads Church.
We hire great, trustworthy people so that we can optimize for a free & flexible culture: flexible hours, unlimited vacation, remote work, and working on stuff you’re excited about.
The ideal candidate for this opening is someone who has a strong passion for writing code to bring digital products to life—a passion for the entire product development process—from identifying the right “How will we…” questions to de-risk an implementation early to sequencing the work. We aim to have working software throughout the development process. Developers who thrive at Differential place equal emphasis between efficiency and approachability. They flourish in a continuous-delivery process where collaboration and ego-free communication is valued. They can engage in product thinking as a team and with cross-functionality among product managers, designers, and our client partners.
Above all, we are focused on finding someone that we love to work with. Culture to us isn’t a ping pong table in the breakroom or some words we put up on the wall. It’s embedded in our DNA and starts with our hiring process. We want to consider passionate people for this position.
Our mission statement, core values, benefits, and more can be found at handbook.differential.com.
What we’re after:
Passion for the whole product process: we know you will have your specific areas of focus, but we find that people who are passionate about the bigger picture collaborate best on our cross-functional teams.
Demonstrated ability to rely on an iterative process to maintain momentum on projects: our work is never going to be perfect, and we expect you to be able to prioritize what matters most in order to consistently and efficiently iterate and continuously deliver valuable working software.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Gaining an understanding of who the users are, what their problems are, and why those problems exist
- Putting the user — and their problems/needs — first in order to create and drive empathy for the solution you’re building
- Translating a well-designed solution of sketches, wireframes, or high-fidelity mockups into fully functioning immersive web and mobile experiences
- Writing approachable, modern applications
- Working closely with a team of designers and developers
- Maintaining development workflow with Github
- Effectively communicating via Basecamp, Slack, and video calls
- Executing with quality and speed in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Incorporating feedback into your work
- Delivering tested, maintainable, and documented software
Differential employees are those who:
Communicate effectively with clients and teammates
Learn quickly and relentlessly
Are curious about technology and the impact it can make on the world
Enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for their work
Enjoy collaborating with others on solving meaningful problems
Candidates must be based in the United States and be available during standard business hours for both client and team meetings. Specific times vary based on client-specific timezone preferences. There is flexibility in working hours, but there is an expectation to be able to regularly attend client and team meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)