Senior Backend Engineer at Liberty Mutual Insurance
In this role you will partner with your squad to deliver the highest priority business initiatives while advancing our technology stack. You will solve technical challenges and engineer solutions to support and modernize our critical financial systems.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Experience AngularJS or REACT experience is a plus.
- Experience designing & building APIs (REST, API Gateway, etc.).
- Experience designing solutions using cloud computing platforms & services (AWS, Lambda, Glue, Step Functions).
- Experience with build/deploy automation & DevOps frameworks (CI/CD, Bamboo, GitHub Actions, pipeline-as-code, AWS CDK.
- Database experience using MySQL (Postgres, RDS, Aurora, etc.).
- Experience working in a broad technical leadership capacity – directing, coaching and mentoring across teams/product lines.
- History of translating client requirements into technical designs.
- Agile engineering capabilities and a design-thinking mindset.
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility, and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers.
- A thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs.
- An understanding of how modifications affect different parts of a system and an ability to explain your decision-making process to non-engineers.
Do you have the skills - and drive - to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up - and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
The Global Finance Technology organization is looking to add a Senior Backend Engineer to our team. You will be part of a growing team that is delivering finance capabilities for the future by reimaging, designing, building, and maintaining applications that support the launch of new products within our market partner areas and enable finance and regulatory reporting.
In this role you will partner with your squad to deliver the highest priority business initiatives while advancing our technology stack. You will solve technical challenges and engineer solutions to support and modernize our critical financial systems. Delivering stable, secure and performant code will be your focus as you build modern, cloud native applications.
We encourage you to apply if you value:
- Innovation – Introducing innovative ideas that can change the game, throughout the course of agile delivery.
- Trust – Building relationships and working in an environment centered on trust and empowerment.
- Excellence – Learning through doing with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Technology – Exploring new solutions and honing existing skills for both personal and team evolution.
- Develops and/or modifies effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Participates in unit test case development.
- Develops complex test scripts.
- Executes all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression).
- Works to develop and modify highly complex software programming applications.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Contributes technical alternatives.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)