Senior Backend Engineer at Geneva
As a member of the platform team, you'll join engineers in building features and maintaining an existing TypeScript/NestJS/GQL/Golang application.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, AM, or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience working with Golang and interest in picking up TypeScript
- 2+ years of experience working with Node.js and interest in picking up Golang (ideally 2+ years experience working with TypeScript)
- 1+ years experience working with GraphQL
- Strong experience with automated testing, especially in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience optimizing performance of backend applications
- Experience designing Golang and/or TypeScript/Node.js architectures and balancing agility with code quality
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience working through the entire product development lifecycle from inception to development and delivery
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth of a product
- Experience building real-time communication applications
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code frameworks
As a member of the platform team, you'll join engineers in building features and maintaining an existing TypeScript/NestJS/GQL/Golang application. You'll be heavily involved through the product development process and given the opportunity to give creative input into many phases of the product.
This is a high-impact role where your contributions will directly help guide all of the applications that depend on our backend services (iOS/Android/web). You'll work closely with our product, design, and outreach teams to help the communities on Geneva flourish. The role will require you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.