Senior API Engineer at 8x8, Inc.
the API Engineering team focuses on building the tooling and infrastructure for building, deploying and maintaining APIs.
What we're looking for
- You're an engineer with 5+ years in enterprise software engineering developing high quality software. (We're flexible for talented individuals with experience)
- You're passionate about API design and the 0-200 experience (https://0to200.com).
- You seek ways to reduce friction for developers.
- You have experience with Kong and writing Kong Plugins or with Apigee flows
- You believe developer experience is of high importance.
- You have an ability to execute efficiently and are an effective communicator.
- You don't need to be told what to do, you work asynchronously, and can handle operating autonomously.
- You're open to feedback and love improving.
- You've worked with Kong or Apigee in the past. Extra bonus if you've developed plugins/shared flows.
- You've built APIs with Java using Spring
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
The API Engineering team at 8x8 is hiring! (Remote OK) — the API Engineering team focuses on building the tooling and infrastructure for building, deploying and maintaining APIs.
What you'll do
- Help build and define the future of APIs at 8x8.
- You'll work on the API developer experience. Creating and designing patterns for building APIs, deploying them, and reducing friction wherever possible.
- You'll be directly involved in making decisions that impact all developers at 8x8
- Write code, build examples, and help engineering teams deploy their APIs.
- Work with Apigee and Kong.
- Help build and drive automation to build a world class API development experience at 8x8.
- Help mentor other engineers at 8x8
- You should include these in your application:
- We want to get to know you! Do you have a blog, website, or a project you're proud of? Include it! We'd love to check it out.
- A bit about yourself.
Sample code if you've got it!
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Español.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at [email protected] (Include “ Reasonable Accommodation ” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here .