Salesforce Developer at Feeding America
We need one to Design, develop and maintain features and configurations within Feeding America’s Salesforce Orgs, in conjunction with internal staff and external partners, with attention to long-term organizational needs.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years Salesforce Developer experience
- Clear understanding of declarative tools available within Salesforce – validation rules, approval processes, workflows
- Well versed with Profiles, Permission Sets and Role Hierarchy
- Working experience with Apex
- Well versed with Visualforce (Page, Component & Controllers), Apex Triggers, Batch Apex, Apex Classes, Apex Test Classes
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator and/or Certified Developer a plus
- Experience with complex Salesforce implementations and integrations
- Working understanding of business tools and platforms (familiarity with NetSuite, Informatica, SharePoint, and/or Tableau a plus)
- Experience working within SDLC, including Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Extensive hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Experience at working effectively both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with NGO Connect (NGOC)
- Experience with online fundraising platforms (EveryAction)
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
Feeding America is the nation’s second largest charity and the leading domestic hunger-relief charity in the United States. Our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Learn more about Feeding America here.
This position is a fully remote position.
The Salesforce Developer will be the primary technical developer and heavily involved in maintaining applications deployed within Feeding America’s donor management CRM (NGO Connect, based on Salesforce platform). This individual will coordinate specifications and deliverables with business partners plus design, assess, code, configure and troubleshoot NGOC (Salesforce). They will participate in system testing to ensure successful delivery to the business in a timely and accurate fashion. Additionally, they will participate in Salesforce development activities during our on-going system migration.
Salary Range : $80,000 to $100,000+ Based on Experience
- Design, develop and maintain features and configurations within Feeding America’s Salesforce Orgs, in conjunction with internal staff and external partners, with attention to long-term organizational needs.
- Participate in all aspects of Salesforce releases, including feature review and impact analysis, planning, designing, building, testing, deploying, supporting, and documenting.
- Develop bug fixes and functionality for FANO’s main donor management Salesforce system (NGOC), as well as related Salesforce applications, such as Drawloop (Nintex), Rollup Helper, FormAssembly and others.
- Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations, and implement solutions and best practices in the areas of data integrity standards, data quality and overall Salesforce system usage.
- Assist Salesforce administrators with the configuration and support of the Salesforce Orgs, as well as related Salesforce applications.
- Develop in-code test procedures to provide adequate test coverage within Salesforce org; Collaborate
- with testers and end-users during QA and UAT.
- Support users regarding system functionality, enhancements, system configuration and best practices.
- Assist in managing live production activity and participate in efforts to resolve production incidents.
- Take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
- Contribute to internal technical change management best practices in CRM applications, as needed.
Familiarity with NGO Connect (NGOC)
Experience with online fundraising platforms (EveryAction)
Understanding of nonprofit organizations
Mission Focused: Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies:
Leverages Functional Expertise: Uses advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Takes initiative to stay current and apply knowledge of own field, including to improve processes, practices, and policies. Regularly offers to share functional expertise with others to help them succeed.
Collaborates Internally and Externally: Forms and sustains effective working relationships that accelerate goal achievement by reaching out to and engaging people from other functions or from outside the organization. Coordinates projects and plans with others within and outside of own area to ensure the work goes smoothly. Pursues networking opportunities and encourages others to form new relationships that benefit all parties. Handles conflict directly and adeptly, respecting all points of view, and resolves issues to create a united path forward.
Continuously Improves: Develops solutions that incorporate new ideas and best practices from other departments or outside the organization. Leverages continuous improvement tools and mindset when designing and implementing projects and processes. Shares and applies learning from both successful and unsuccessful ideas to inspire creative thinking.
Communicates Effectively: Conveys clear and effective messages using verbal and written communication within individual, small group, and formal presentation settings. Communicates project/operating priorities and updates to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors, and other groups. Responds positively to requests to share information while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive content. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided.
Manages for Results/Delegates Effectively: Holds self and others accountable for meeting measurable goals and performance expectations. Identifies multiple ways to achieve results, takes decisive action, and brings projects to completion in the timeline expected. Establishes regular status checks to maintain and report progress toward goals. Provides helpful, supportive feedback to others. Engages those closest to a situation to make decisions or recommendations.
Feeding America recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging and contribute to a culture that values differences, ideas, and experiences. We intentionally seek out diverse perspectives and skills on our teams, knowing that it makes us stronger as an organization and better equipped to serve our neighbors in need. We encourage individuals from historically under-represented communities and individuals with lived experience of hunger to apply.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)