Remote Senior Ruby on Rails - (USD $80-120k) at QuickMail
Company 🚀 QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails. It is used by small and medium businesses all over the world to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses.
Our current stack
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 7, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 5
- Frontend: Angular 13 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
- Communication layer: GraphQL, Apollo & Pusher
- Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
- Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Routes
Your initial responsibilities
- In the first weeks, to familiarize you with our code, you'll be making some small changes to the code to either fix problems or extend existing solutions.
- You'll then move toward building smaller scope features & advancing on longer-term projects.
- Ultimately, you will have the possibility to make a big impact on the product by driving initiatives to support the business (e.g. build an integration, create a new feature, extend the API...)
- You deeply ❤️ coding, you are pragmatic in your approach to development, have a positive attitude, and have the ability to make decisions on your own.
- You have great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
- You can speak and write in English without problems.
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails and command a good understanding of background jobs.
- You use Git regularly (pull request, merge, rebase…)
- You are fine having 4 hours overlap at least with Europe 10 am-6 pm time.
- 💻 Stunning colleagues, solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, review apps, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, velocity & retrospectives. The code is well structured and the architecture is sound.
- ⚖️ You'll join a meritocracy, no-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback to keep improving. Think Netflix culture.
- 🔥 A chance to step in and have a big impact on a growing SaaS company. You'll learn about the business side too and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management 📖.
- 🌴 1 team retreat per year for work and fun: https://youtu.be/OY5l3ueZMUo
- 📚 We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).