Remote Senior Backend Developer at Commutifi
Join us at Commutifi, where we’re building software to revolutionize commuting for a happier, more sustainable world. Enterprise businesses, universities, hospitals, commercial real estate entities, and the public sector use our platform to cut the time employees spend commuting, the carbon commutes emit, and the cost required to run commuting programs.
We are seeking a highly motivated backend developer to join our team and contribute to the success of our mission. If you're a self-starter, eager to learn new technologies, and thrive on collaborative teamwork, we want to hear from you!
Commutifi is a genuine remote-first company, with teams in across Canada and the US, including Montreal, QC and Boulder, CO. And when we say remote-first, we mean it: Whether you're hustling in the city or sitting on the beach, our virtual doors are wide open.
Joining Commutifi means working under the leadership of veteran tech entrepreneurs. Your coworkers will include a CEO with multiple successful exits, a Director of Engineering with more than two decades of experience, and a CTO recently named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 social impact list. This depth of experience means we’re not interested in the volatility of VC-funded startup life: Commutifi is a profitable company with long-term vision.
Life is good at Commutifi, but don’t take our word for it—our employees have been here an average of 5 years, and we’re proud of our near-perfect retention rate.
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to brainstorm and conceptualize innovative features.
- Contribute across our tech stack, including TypeScript, React, Node.js, Postgres, Redis, and Kubernetes.
- Build, maintain, and optimize product features in collaboration with the team.
- Enhance engineering standards, tooling, and processes while implementing best practices in planning, development, testing, and deploying industry-compliant code.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in backend software development, specializing in web-based products using TypeScript, SQL databases, React, and Node.js.
- Proficient in writing understandable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Degree or diploma in web development, computer science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Rust, Go, or other compiled languages.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP, etc.) and service deployment.
What We Offer:
- Remote-first culture with flexible schedules and vacations to allow you to make the most of your life.
- Salary ranges from $85k to $105k based on experience.
- Generous stock-option package.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Monthly commuting and coworking space budget
- Platform to share your innovative ideas.
- Positive work environment and a strong team spirit.
- This role is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada.