React Engineer (Software Engineer i) at Yum! Brands
We are seeking a React Engineer who will be responsible for building our administrative portal
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years designing, developing, and maintaining scalable web applications
- Experience with Redux and Node are a plus
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Experience and comfort with agile development process
- Self-disciplined Get Stuff Done approach to work
- Passion for doing things right the first time
- Strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
React Engineer (Software Engineer I) Who we are:
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company - encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Habit Burger Grill - but there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than tasty food. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences – and we are only getting started. We’re building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 49,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why we’re on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum! We want to put our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we’re building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier.
What we need:
- Our dynamic Yum.dev team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe.
- We are seeking a React Engineer who will be responsible for building our administrative portal. In this role, you will work as part of a scrum delivery team to build software that puts a face on millions of lines of back-end code so our customers can manage stores and menus, provide world-class customer service, and much more to come!
- Yum is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Yum requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
- Develop interactive web applications using the React.js framework
- Develop REST and/or GraphQL web services in Node, Express, and Typescript
- Maintain a relational or NoSQL database for services
- Write comprehensive unit tests
- Contribute to sprint planning and grooming of new features
- Collaborate with product, QA and SRE teams
A Few Of Our Perks:
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brandand potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices inChicago, IL,Louisville KY, Irvine, CA,Plano, TXand other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.
Yum! has instituted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for health and safety reasons. Yum!requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to show proof of vaccination upon starting with the company as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.