Quality IT Analyst III at Vericast
We need one to Execute test cases in accordance with test plans and maintain defects in a defect management tool.
- Education / Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field (preferred)
Experience / Skills Required:
- 7-10 years of experience in the IT field with a minimum of 5 years in software quality assurance.
- Experience using and administrating software testing tools
- Software quality testing certifications a plus
- Experience working in agile and/or waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience in testing software applications is required.
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools is required.
- Proven leadership experience in software quality is required.
- Experience writing SQL queries against an RDBMS is desired.
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Regular communication with business employees regarding test plans, test cases, testing strategy.
- Regular communications with IT management.
- Regular communication with business functional and user acceptance testing personnel.
- Analysis, problem-solving, and decision making around proper utilization of testing strategy, policy and systems.
Vericast is reimagining marketing solutions one business-to-human connection at a time. By influencing how over 120 million households eat, shop, buy, save and borrow, Vericast fuels commerce, drives economic growth and directly accelerates revenue potential for thousands of brands and businesses. While its award-winning portfolio of products, technology and solutions are a part of the Vericast story, its people are the true differentiators; trailblazers in data intelligence, marketing services, transaction solutions, campaign management and media delivery.
The Quality Analyst III will support the successful development, maintenance, and enhancement of systems by implementing a comprehensive and standardized approach to testing. Creates test plans for projects based on requirements and unique regression testing needs. Executes test cases, manages issues in a defect management tool, and communicates testing status and test metrics to business leadership. Drives process improvements within the SQA function. Functions as a lead and mentor to junior staff by assigning tasks and ensuring their compliance with procedures and standards.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Analyze and review functional and technical specifications with multiple business areas to create test plans and manual test cases. Develop templates and assist the business with estimations for testing functions. (25%)
- Execute test cases in accordance with test plans and maintain defects in a defect management tool. (25%)
- Communicate testing status and SQA metrics to project team members and upper management. Facilitate defect review calls with project team members. (10%)
- Act as the SQA project lead on company projects. (10%)
- Act as a mentor and lead to junior level SQA engineers. (5%)
- Design, implement and enforce software quality processes and standards. (5%)
- Build and maintain regression test suites for key applications. (5%)
- Work closely with project teams to develop and implement appropriate test environments in support of the company's software testing policies and standards. (5%)
- Monitor software assurance testing tools and administration functions to ensure software testing platforms are available to various projects and test teams. (5%)
- Assist users with User Acceptance Testing. (5%)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
WHO WE ARE:
Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Follow Vericast on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our community. Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Vericast will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting us at: [email protected] EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.