Quality Assurance Specialist at APS Payroll
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist. This is an exempt position on the Development Team. Little to no travel is required.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- 2+ years of work-related experience specifically in software testing.
- Scrum certification or ISTQB Foundation Level certification is a plus.
- Experience with test management tools and knowledge in automated testing tools is a plus.
- Experience in development methodologies and types of testing (e.g., Functional, System Integration, Regression, etc.).
- High level knowledge of test automation technology and its applications.
- Experience writing code in a scripting or programming language.
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and/or Test Driven Development (TDD) preferred.
- Knowledge with SOA technologies preferred.
- Experience with software and systems preferred.
- Strong client centric focus.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work with people and work as part of a team.
- Experience with Agile teams preferred.
- Must be able to work in an environment in which constant deadlines exist.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to successfully perform in this position.
- Must understand all company guidelines, procedures, and workflow.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist. This is an exempt position on the Development Team. Little to no travel is required. The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring consistent quality of software releases relative to established standards by utilizing Quality Assurance and Quality Control methodology. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall success of product releases by ensuring releases are free from major software bugs.
- Increase efficiency and accuracy of testing by implementing automated testing solutions where possible.
- Champion best practices for Quality Assurance throughout all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Receive intermediate and final development efforts from software development team and review results against established requirements.
- Receive software defects escalated from Level 2 technical support, isolate the cause of issues, and update Quality Assurance practices and methodology accordingly.
- Develop use cases for functional testing from product requirements.
- Perform functional testing of individual software changes and updates.
- Execute automated testing against new software versions, compare results against established benchmarks.
- Maintain automated testing cases and tools, keeping them current with new product features.
- Develop, execute, and maintain regression tests for critical product components.
- Document known issues, and assist in the documentation of product specifications.
- Analyze development practices to assess risk introducing defects, and advise on Quality Assurance practices to
- Supervisory Responsibilities: NA
- Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The list below is representative of the qualifications, skills, and abilities required and preferred:
Based in Shreveport, Louisiana, we began in 1996 by offering payroll processing and tax compliance services. In 2000, we made the strategic decision to develop our own technology. APS has a mission: to make payroll and HR easier. We design our unified solution to simplify workforce management tasks for mid-market organizations. We provide our clients and partners with personalized service and support to accomplish their goals. Streamline payroll processing, automate HR workflows, and elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform. We are APS, and we are a workforce partner for our clients.
- At APS, we strive everyday to...
- Do the Right Thing
- Serve Others
- Be Our Best
- Find the Fun
- Check APS out and see what we are about!
- APS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (employee only tier of coverage for medical and vision paid at 100% by APS)
- Short Term Disability (short term disability paid at 100% by APS for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) for Retirement (eligible after 30 days of employment; employer match/no vesting schedule)
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Holiday paid time off
- APS Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Women 2022
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 10% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
- Find out more on Comparably and our Company Website
- Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter