QT Software Engineer (Python and C++) at TriSearch
We need one to Work collaboratively with the engineering teams to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions, user interface designs as well as the implementation of new software features.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years minimum overall application programming experience.
- Previous work experience as a Python Developer with QT, or C++ and QT
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering or related discipline.
- Hands on experience with Python user interface frameworks.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX techniques and technologies.
- Used to working in an International context with good written and spoken English.
- Experience in UI development, preferably in CAE/CAD/3D graphics applications.
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques.
Our client is seeking mid-level to senior QT Software Engineers with outstanding technical software development skills with extensive experience in development of both web and rich client software in C++ or Python-based applications. The individual will have a track record of working within agreed methods and frameworks for software development. You will help to enhance a Desktop 3D frontend, web frontend, and cloud-based infrastructure with a particular focus on developing new features that are relevant to the offshore wind industry. These tools allow users to design models, connect to a cloud-based engineering simulation engine, and visualize/post-process results. You will help with development of the client's proprietary Modeler, which is a QT-based front-end to their engine. You will improve the client's ability to support customer requests and add new front-end features. These are very high-impact for their customers and sales because front-end features are user- facing. You will need to be extremely comfortable communicating with engineers in a very technical landscape. This position reports to the Chief Architect with also a line to the Technology Development team.
- Use Python (and Qt, QML, OpenGL, numpy) to implement new features and maintain existing features for the Desktop frontend. Some Rust and OPEN GL work.
- Create prototypes for new ideas and features.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering teams to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions, user interface designs as well as implementation of new software features.
- Help develop a clear and robust desktop API which is a basis for a scripting interface, an automated end-to-end test suite, and allowing development of 3rd-party plugins.
- Ensure the reliability of desktop application via framework of testing layers (unit-test, integration test, end-to-end test). Add and update tests as the application scales up.
- Build a test suite to detect bugs, errors for the application to ensure it's in good shape at all times, including the UI/UX requirement.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday