QA Software Engineer at One Degree
We need one to Write Automation as well as Manual tests for the One Degree web-based platform.
- 3+ years of automated software quality testing/engineering experience including working with automation and testing tools such as Selenium, Jenkins, Azure DevOps.
- Version control system (GIT or equivalent) experience.
- Ability to build Automation Framework from scratch.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and place of QA in it.
- Experience in integrating Test Automation framework into CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience testing complex web/database/multi-tier solutions/systems.
- Experience with Page Object Model approach for Automation Frameworks preferred
- Performance and load testing experience preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
Associate degree or similar experience in a related field. We welcome candidates that do not have a college degree as long as they can demonstrate expert-level knowledge and experience in the above-mentioned areas.
One Degree is a completely remote organization, however staff should be available for some Pacific time hours to align with the majority of coworkers. Candidates must be eligible to work and be based in the United States. We are not providing sponsorship at this time.
Benefits: One Degree offers comprehensive benefits including flexible paid time off (3 week minimum for most new roles that increases with tenure), plus 13 annual holidays, 1 float day, 1 volunteer day, and a winter break to recharge at the end of the year. We cover 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees, and 75% for dependents. Additional benefits include a 403b program with employer match, flexible spending account for medical and dependent care costs and remote work stipend.
What We Do:
One Degree (www.1degree.org) brings life-changing social services within reach for the millions of low-income people seeking help every day. Through easy-to-use technology and deep community partnership, we remove the formidable barriers that prevent people from getting everything from housing to healthcare and beyond.
How We Work:
We listen and learn from our communities to design technology solutions that put people on a path toward economic and social well-being. We bring our full selves to work each day and use our personal and professional experiences to understand the challenges that communities face. We are a low-ego, humble group of people that love what we do and love bringing out the best in each other. You’ll be a great fit for this team if you foster engaged collaboration and believe it’s time to reimagine how technology can bring agency to communities and connect families and individuals to opportunity.
We are fully committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We know a team with wide-ranging ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those from underrepresented communities, such as people of color, LGBTQ community members, people with lived experience as low-income, and individuals with disabilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create Test Documentation using Test Design techniques.
- Write Automation as well as Manual tests for the One Degree web-based platform.
- Document testing results for the project team.
- Write Bug Reports in case of found errors and collaborate on issue resolution.
- Setting up different types of automated testing to include nightly integration/regression, smoke, etc.
- Perform manual testing along with automation
- Develop quality metrics and dashboards for reporting results of testing and automated test runs.
- Act as SME during requirement creation, analysis, and testing.
- Identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and craft and implement solutions.
How to apply
Apply by clicking the “Apply” button below and attach your resume. No cover letter is requested. Applications are on a rolling basis, with priority for candidates that apply by Dec 4, 2022.
One Degree believes that everyone has the right to express their identity in however manner they choose, including the use of whatever pronouns they would like. Job applicants may, but are not expected to, provide their pronouns at any point in the hiring process by notifying the hiring manager or any other employee with whom they are in contact, over the phone, over email, or in person. We believe in maintaining a welcoming and inclusive workplace. Every employee, volunteer, contractor, community member, and job applicant may discuss their gender identity or expression openly, or keep that information private.
Work Environment and Conditions:
One Degree is a completely remote organization, with optional in-person social gatherings every 1-2 months and an in-person retreat 1-2 times a year. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk and hear, and use a laptop and/or monitor.
One Degree is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” One Degree also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at One Degree.