QA Manager - SaaS at Cleared4
We need one to Work with engineering and product management leaders to improve the effectiveness of our QA processes, practices, and tools
What Skills/Qualifications You Will Have:
- 10+ years working within Quality Assurance roles with a focus on testing for SaaS products or Cloud Based Applications
- 5+ years managing remote (global) QA teams
- Demonstrated level of technical ability (technical skills and exposure)
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects with varying timelines
- Have a natural curiosity for how things works and enjoys working with others to tackle complex problem
- Success working within high-growth organizations is a plus
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
What You Will Be Doing as a QA Manager
- Over your first 30 days, you’ll spend time learning all about our products, our development processes, and the people you’ll work with and manage on a day-to-day basis. You’ll also get to flex your QA skills as you participate in our weekly testing cycles.
- By your 60-day mark, you’ll have our small (but growing!) team of QA engineers reporting into you and will possess a good understanding of their strengths and areas of improvement. Visions of career development plans should be dancing through your head at this point. Additionally, you will have taken the lead on QA efforts for at least one of our major development projects.
- Within 6 months, you’ll have enough understanding of our tools, processes, practices, and people to create and start executing plans to get us to a more automated QA environment over the next twelve months. You will also have taken steps to create/update onboarding material to help support expanding the QA engineering team as the company grows.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports and/or Vendors to provide timely feedback
- Work with engineering and product management leaders to improve the effectiveness of our QA processes, practices, and tools
- Oversee the expansion of our automated testing suites to increase test coverage and reduce the amount of manual regression testing performed
- Partnering with product development teams to create and execute quality assurance plans
- Continually monitors and improves our testing efforts to help ensure high-quality products are delivered in an efficient manner