QA Manager at Baldwin Risk Partners
This leader will oversee, design, and implement manual and automated software testing. This is a hands-on leader and manager of software QA testing.
Education And Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field required.
- 3+ years of experience in test automation or similar languages
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience at large complex organizations, including leading centralized or matrixed teams
- 5+ years of experience in requirements management
- 5+ years of experience in business process analysis and system analysis
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate, and organize
- A sense of ownership over your/your team’s performance and product deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile Methodology and working within Scrum Teams
- Analytical Thinker
- Ability to make decisions quickly and with little guidance
- Ability to adapt to change
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems.
- Ability to negotiate and settle differences quickly and peacefully
- Demonstrated experience in Resource Management
- Must have experience utilizing Azure or other agile Project Management tools.
- Management Liability and/or P&C Insurance knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to learn any other appropriate program or software system used by the firm as necessary
The QA Manager leads our QA team in establishing and promoting best practices for testing within our proprietary software solutions. This leader will oversee, design, and implement manual and automated software testing. This is a hands-on leader and manager of software QA testing. The QA Manager will develop and implement a strategic plan that ensures adherence to software QA best practices across legacy platforms and new software development. This position is part of an innovative, highly dynamic software development team in a rapidly growing organization. As a technical position the role will be responsible for the full lifecycle product quality, providing input on functional requirements, advising on software design, improving testing strategies, developing test plans, and reporting / resolving defects.
- Develops test plans, communicates these to the larger team, and negotiates timeframes for executing ensuring that the business understands the anticipated result
- Builds out automated testing capabilities throughout Dev and Test environments, including processes to update functional and regression automation as a part of the development process
- Collaborates with business analysis function to thoroughly understand the needs to be supported by the information systems and technology.
- Works closely with development and product teams to meet QA commitments aligned with program deliverables
- Participates in building, and maintaining data-driven test automation tools and frameworks using clean coding practices
- Provides guidance to QA engineers to drive adoption and implementation of the software QA framework
- Ability to identify and provide improvement suggestions for defects or gaps in test coverage as well as potential QA bottlenecks
- Responds to inquiries and provides advice to the developers regarding current and potential test inputs, processes, and outputs
- Defines QA resource needs for successful project delivery
- Attracts and retains top QA talent while facilitating a growth-based environment
- Produces reports, timelines, and graphics to communicate expectations and progress to senior management and other relevant parties
- Maintains and ensures proper documentation and coordinates or performs testing of system modifications.
- Researches and analyzes the nature, effect, and results of system difficulties and test results
- Derives QA reporting and analysis of testing progress and issues tied to defects