QA Engineer III LV at Performant Financial Corporation
We need one with the Ability to obtain and maintain client-required clearances as well as pass company regular background and/or drug screening.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent/expert knowledge of SQL and ability to write complex queries, experience working with large scale RDBMS (Informix or SQL Server)
- Client server system knowledge
- Effective testing skills, with proficient knowledge in test planning and execution
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows environments, experience with testing SOA and component-based architecture
- Organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects
- Ability to obtain and maintain client required clearancesas well as pass company regular background and/or drug screening.
- Completion of Teleworker Agreement upon hire, andadherence to the Agreement (and related policies and procedures) including, butnot limited to: able to navigate computer and phone systems as a user to workremote independently using on-line resources, must have high-speed internetconnectivity, appropriate workspace able to be compliant with HIPAA, safety& ergonomics, confidentiality, and dedicated work focus without distractionsduring work hours.
**NOTE: Must be able to meet requirements for andperform work assignments in accordance with Company policies and expectationson a home remote basis (and must meet Performant remote-worker requirements)until at which time staff may be notified and required to work from aPerformant office location on an ad-hoc or periodic basis.
Teleworking remote candidates will be recruited for this position from the following areas: Raleigh/Durham NC, Greensboro, NC, Winston/Salem, NC, and the surrounding counties.
- The QA Engineer III performs quality assurance/testing projects on a project to project basis.
- Performs testing and may oversee other testing specialists.
- Plans and implements testing and code reviews.
- Researches and implements new and improved testing methods, processes, tools and test systems.
- Performs testing tasks on designated projects
- Assists project teams with project level test strategies and test approaches
- Develop test cases, and test scripts and acceptance criteria to ensure adequate test coverage
- Assist staff with cross-product and technical issues
- Produce progress reports for all projects
- Ensure that the data in the testing database is accurate
- Provide ongoing technical and application training as necessary to improve the overall quality of the software
- Determine what needs to be tested based on the changes made by programmers during the project
- Update QA process notebook and holds QA meetings to ensure testing process is understood by all the team members
- Research and implement new and improved testing methods, processes, tools and test systems
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Perform code reviews as necessary
- Should be able to gain good knowledge of application and act as an SME .
Basic office equipment required to perform remote workis provided by the company.
Job is performed in a standard busy office environmentwith moderate noise level (or may be home-office setting subject to Companyapproval and Teleworker Agreement), sits at a desk during scheduled shift, usesoffice phone or headset provided by the Company for calls, making outboundcalls and answering inbound return calls using an office phone system; views acomputer monitor, types on a keyboard, and uses a mouse.
- Reads and comprehends information in electronic(computer) or paper form (written/printed).
- Sit/stand 8 or more hours per day; has the option tostand as needed while on calls; reach as needed to use office equipment.
- Consistently viewing a computer screen and typesfrequently, but not constantly, using a keyboard to update accounts.
- Consistently communicates on the phone as requiredprimarily within the department and company and may include client contacts orother third-party depending on assignment with account holders, may dialmanually when need or use dialer system; headset is also provided.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 10lbs.
Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience in software quality assurance environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration with a Computer Information concentration or a related degree, or an equivalent level of advanced competence obtained through experience, education and/or training.
- Performant is a Government contractor and subject tocompliance with client contractual and regulatory requirements, including butnot limited to, Drug Free Workplace, background requirements, and clearances(as applicable).
- Must submit to and pass pre-hire background check, aswell as additional checks throughout employment.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check; mustnot have any felony convictions or specific misdemeanors, nor on state/federaldebarment or exclusion lists.
- Must submit to and pass drug screen pre-employment (andthroughout employment).
- Performant is a government contractor. Certain clientassignments for this position requires submission to and successful outcome ofadditional background and/or clearances throughout employment with the Company.
- Employment VISA Sponsorship is not available for thisposition
- Job Profile is subject to change at any time.
Performant Financial Corporation is an Equal OpportunityEmployer.
Performant Financial Corporation is committed tocreating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunityemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion,gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, physical or mentaldisability, genetic characteristics, medical condition, marital status,citizenship status, military service status, political belief status, or anyother consideration made unlawful by law.
NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT PERFORMANT AUTHORIZEDAGENCY AGREEMENT AND APPROVED PERFORMANT JOB ORDER5.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)