QA Engineer at SupplyHouse
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to help us evaluate and test our software applications for usability and functionality.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science/related field or a combination of education and work experience
- 2-3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing of web, backend, and mobile apps
- Experience in automation testing
- Familiar with different tools supporting test automation, such as Selenium, Cucumber, MySQL, Eclipse IDE, Core Java, Appium, Soap UI Pro/Ready API, and XSD/JSON Schema validation
- Experience in a quality assurance role in an e-commerce environment is preferred
- Ability to create test plans and test cases by analyzing requirements, experience in setting up test environments, understanding and executing test scripts with little supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills for collaborative team environment and technical documentation
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting/debugging skills to resolve technical and business issues
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to help us evaluate and test our software applications for usability and functionality. The selected individual will work closely with our Senior QA Engineer and Development Team to ensure that the software adheres to the established quality standards. Specific experience in testing is preferred, but not required.
This is a remote-based role within select states in the United States. At this time, we are only able to employ those located in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.
This position will require travel to our NY office headquarters for up to four times per year for internal meetings and team-building activities. The cost of travel for employees out of the area will be covered by the company. Additionally, our offices are always available for staff to use as much as desired.
A company laptop and other necessary equipment will be provided along with a $250 stipend for your work from home space.
Role Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote (Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington)
Schedule: Standard business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, however, you may utilize our Flex-Time Policy to work your preferred schedule
- Develop, verify, and validate system test cases/plan for web-based applications based on requirements and technical specification
- Create custom test data, test scripts, and queries to be executed on the database
- Validate end to end functionality and enhancement requests
- Work closely with the Senior QA Engineer in implementing more effective software testing solutions
- Interface with Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Developers in order to verify complex solutions
- Provide timely and risk-based feedback to improve quality of application
Why work with us:
- We have awesome benefits – We offer 401k with company match, 100% company-paid medical insurance, optional dental and vision add-ons, life insurance, vacation, and sick days.
- We promote a work/life balance – We value your time! We encourage a healthy separation between your professional and personal life with our flex-time work policy and health & wellness initiatives that allow employees to feel refreshed and recharged.
- We give back – We provide many virtual opportunities to help our local communities such as our Adopt-a-Family initiative, fundraising initiatives for trade schools, and mentorship programs with local schools.
- We stay engaged – We maintain our company culture in a remote setting with engaging virtual events including our Core Values Weeks, Employee Appreciation Day, optional Out-of-Office Monthly Events, and virtual clubs. Look out for our Football Knockout Pool, Book Club, and Craft Nights!
- We listen – We encourage collaboration, feedback, and new ideas through our monthly town halls, departmental team lunches, and regular check-ins with upper management. It is our priority to make sure you enjoy coming to work every day.
What our employees are saying:
“The people here are amazing. In this tough phase of the pandemic, the people and the company have handled the situation very well. They take really good care of the team, and they always try to make sure employees stay in touch by organizing virtual events!” -Yash, IT Team
“I love the teamwork, the caliber of people who are employed here, and the way everyone is so supportive, caring, and welcoming. This truly is a company that strives to grow and evolve and continue to be even better and is open to new ideas and innovative concepts from employees. You feel valued because your opinions are welcomed and encouraged. Your strengths are cultivated, and you feel real growth in your position.” -Katy, Customer Service Team
“I enjoy working at SupplyHouse.com because they truly value generosity and the act of giving back to our community. With many being significantly affected by the pandemic, the company has gone to great lengths to not only be there for its employees, but also our surrounding communities. I’m looking forward to the day when we can do that again all together.” -Anna, HR Team