Purchasing Manager at Global Power Supply
The Purchasing Manager role is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, and managing inventory and other capital equipment. The successful candidate will reach business targets by negotiating transactional and long-term purchasing agreements and terms.
- Occasional travel required
REQUIRED EDUCATION, COMPUTER EXPERIENCE AND SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) designation preferred
- Training in power systems a plus.
- Strong computer skills are required including familiarity with Windows-based programs such as Microsoft productivity tools (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with CRM software as an organizational, tracking and planning tool
- Experience working with video conferencing software programs
- Five years’ experience in secondary market product sales.
- Purchasing and equipment evaluations
- Must have a technical aptitude and eagerness to learn
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- High sense of urgency and able to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Resourceful and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Strong business acumen
- Self-driven, positive and energic work ethic
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Power generation
- Heavy machinery
- Diesel and natural gas engines/generators
The Purchasing Manager role is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, and managing inventory and other capital equipment. The successful candidate will reach business targets by negotiating transactional and long-term purchasing agreements and terms. In addition, successful candidate will ‘own’ inventory management, vendor relationships and work with sales to support strategic customer relationships.
Inventory management including:
- Evaluate and execute equipment purchases, including purchase order creation and management
- Project management for logistics and services of purchased equipment, including decommissioning
- Manage costs to stay within budget.
- Ensure Sales and Marketing have complete and accurate information on purchased equipment
- Maintain inventory levels on new equipment
- Review and fit within budgets based on market conditions
- Work closely with sales to identify inventory gaps and volumes by market/vertical
- Equipment sourcing, both proactive for holes in inventory and reactive for specific opportunities
- Maintain database of available equipment for resale/rerent
- Project sourcing including vendor pricing, equipment modifications/improvements and bid-leveling
- Vendor management
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities
- Create and maintain an accurate purchasing funnel within the company CRM
- Respond to incoming supply leads
- Maintain database of equipment offers and budgets, both open and expired, to expand historical data
- Develop and implement purchasing procedures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and best practice standards
- Understand, communicates, and demonstrate company’s mission and core values
- Identify, manage, and grow strategic partnerships within a defined industry or geography
- Become a valued, long-term strategic partner with the customer’s key decision makers
- Assure that all transactions and relationships are carried on with high and unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Make it easy for customer(s) to do business with Global Power Supply
- Provide exceptional customer service, proactively problem solve to identify and resolve any account issues
- Actively manage customer and vendor expectations and ensure GPS meets or exceeds all defined requirements
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in company CRM
- Collaborate with Sales Management and the GPS support team to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- When necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other industry events
- Attend and actively participate in periodic training
- Other tasks and responsibilities as specified by management.