Mobile Engineer at Transfix.io
Transfix is on an exciting growth path, and we are looking for a Mobile Engineer to help us build world-class products that are driving a long-overdue disruption to the lynchpin of our global economy – the supply chain.
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring:
- You have 2+ years of experience building mobile apps for deployment to iOS and Android in React Native.
- You have hands-on experience with Linux command line and source control with Git.
- You have experience working within CI/CD environments and writing automated tests with tools like Jest or Detox.
- You’re familiar with instrumenting behavioral analytics, application monitoring, and crash reporting and debugging with tools like FullStory, Google Analytics, Datadog, Sentry.
- You have the ability to reason about behavior of distributed systems (e.g. experience building a distributed environment and analysis of correlations between signals in monitoring tools).
You’re a Mile Ahead if You Have:
- Experience with feature flag driven development, back-end API development, GraphQL, or Ruby.
What You can Expect from Transfix:
- This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. While fully remote, we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Transfix works with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
About the Role:
Transfix is on an exciting growth path, and we are looking for a Mobile Engineer to help us build world-class products that are driving a long-overdue disruption to the lynchpin of our global economy – the supply chain. We're transforming the freight industry by developing technology that provides automation solutions to an industry plagued by manual processes and excessive waste. In this role, you’ll work with our passionate, fun, and highly collaborative team to build, enhance, and streamline critical technology that is solving real-world problems every day.
Our mobile application is used by carriers (drivers, dispatchers and owner operators) to manage the entire shipment lifecycle, from self-serve booking to payment. In an effort for dispatchers and owner operators to optimize their fleet utilization, our matching engines combine geographical moving unit’s locations along with route preferences to provide recommendations and eliminate empty miles at the same time. Drivers are able to seamlessly provide updates on shipments locations, reducing the number of touch points to provide tracking transparency to Shippers.
Click this link to learn more about our team, our stack, and some insight into Life @ Transfix!
If the idea of transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment sounds exciting to you, please keep reading!
Note: This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. While fully remote, we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
In this Role You Will:
- Leverage mobile development patterns and mobile devices functionalities to implement business logic anchored around geolocation tracking, camera captures and file uploads
- Break down projects' user stories into engineering tasks, estimate complexity of implementation and manage development and rollout timelines.
- Expand our existing products and APIs to serve new customer types and modes of transportation across the freight industry.
- Contribute to our mobile application, back-end services, APIs, or both.
- Expand your experience working with industry best practices that include Continuous Deployment, automated testing (unit- and end-to-end), production monitoring, and alerting systems.
- Participate in blameless post-mortems and retrospectives that empower us to learn from failures and successes to improve team processes and software design.
- Expand the influence of your career experience and technical capabilities by collaborating with other engineers and partners.
Our tech stack consists of GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, Typescript, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Snowflake. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like Datadog and Sentry.
We are offering a market competitive salary depending on experience level, scope, and geographic location, which includes base salary as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately 40% of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected], and are committed to continuously improving diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice every single day.
Transfix is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our hiring, programming, and in our work both internally and externally. We recognize how critical diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are to achieving our mission, our growth, and our success. In support of this commitment, some of our focuses include (but are not limited to):
Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Transfix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.