Marketing Designer at CommandBar
We are looking for a talented designer to join our team. You'll help create breakthrough marketing campaigns that shape our brand and bring CommandBar to more of the world.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- A portfolio that showcases strong design fundamentals, including color, typography, layout, and aesthetic taste. Bonus points for motion design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to move ideas forward with little direction.
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals, including funnels, user journeys, and channels.
- Experience working remotely and/or in a fast-paced startup or agency environment.
- Strong proficiency with at least one modern design tool (we use Figma, Jitter, and Adobe products today).
A little about CommandBar
Our software makes other software better. Our flagship product is a magical search bar that lets users find and do anything in the app theyâre using. Think spotlight in MacOS with superpowers. Today our customers include some of the worldâs most forward-thinking companies like Gusto, Netlify, and AngelList.
Weâre obsessed with helping people get more done with computers. We measure our success as the number of humans we serve. Weâre well funded, have strong early traction, and have an incredibly talented team that's low-ego and spread across the world.
But its still very early days at CommandBar. Thereâs a ton of room for you to have an outsized impact and make your mark.
About the Marketing Designer role
We are looking for a talented designer to join our team. You'll help create breakthrough marketing campaigns that shape our brand and bring CommandBar to more of the world. Our customers place a lot of trust in our product (they put us directly in their products in front of their customers). Your work will help create that trust and establish our company as the place world-class product builders want to work and work with.
Concretely, youâll work with our Growth team and collaborate with our Product Design Lead to bring our brand marketing efforts to life. You'll also support Sales, Success, and other teams across the organization as needed.
Day to day, you'll work on a variety of marketing-focused projects. You'll design beautiful landing pages and product marketing assets; create gorgeous visuals for our blog and social media channels; and youâll own design for sales collateral (decks and one-pagers), event marketing (booth assets and swag), and our ads.
Some things you can expect to do
Collaborate with our Product Design Lead to evolve the CommandBar brand.
Design award-worthy website experiences that drive impact.
Create stunning visual assets for our product launches and content marketing initiatives.
Set the bar for a consistent brand experience across all marketing channels.
Work with top-notch freelancers to support and extend your capabilities to deliver boundary-pushing creative campaigns.
And yes, since weâre a startup, youâll also work on things like swag, sales collateral, and ad creatives.
What we offer
Overall, we believe in benefits that respect individual choice and reflect the fact that optimizing your life outside of work leads to better performance at work. Benefits include:
Competitive salary and equity. For this role the range is $107,000 â $150,000 USD per year.
100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and 50% for your dependents.
401K with matching for US-based employees
Flexible PTO with a 3-week minimum
12 weeks of parental leave for all parents
A learning and development budget
A generous âMake Your Life Easierâ stipend
A new laptop and a home office stipend for anything else you need to do your best work.
Commuter stipend for teammates based in San Francisco.
Four team retreats per year including two at our offices in San Francisco and two at other fun locations. Most recently we met up in Asheville, NC and San Diego, CA.
What's the interview process like?
- Every interview starts the same way: two to three casual conversations with team members so (1) we can get to know you, your background, interests, and career goals and (2) you can learn about CommandBar.
- After those conversations take place, we'll agree on a written interview plan that's tailored to your role. Usually this begins with a domain-specific screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, or a portfolio review for a designer) and may include a take-home component if needed.
- It's very important to us that our interview process be transparent, as stress-free-as-possible, and gives you an accurate picture of what working at CommandBar is like.
One last note...
Please treat this job description as a starting point for a conversation. If the role sounds interesting, weâd love for you to apply even if you donât think youâre a perfect fit.