Linux Kernel Engineer at Canonical
We need one to develop and submit software patches using open source methodologies.
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You thrive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
- You have a Bachelor's or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM, or similar degree
- You love contributing toward making the Linux kernel the best and most capable kernel in the industry
- You are comfortable with the Ubuntu development experience and open source kernel maintenance tooling
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and the Linux kernel in particular. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
Canonical's Cloud kernel team builds and delivers a wide array of optimized Linux kernels for customers to run Ubuntu Linux instances in many of the worldâs largest clouds. If you have strong general Linux kernel development experience and love the idea of producing high-quality, high-performance Ubuntu kernels for cloud-based workloads we invite you to join our growing Linux Cloud kernel team.
What you will do
- Collaborate with a distributed team to regularly deliver updated Ubuntu kernels
- Work with a variety of customer and partner engineers to resolve product issues
- Develop and submit software patches using open source methodologies
- Maintain Ubuntu's reputation for highly secure kernels by resolving kernel CVE's
- Deliver Ubuntu quality through continuous test improvement and regular execution of the Ubuntu kernel testing
- Work remotely with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world-class software and services which meet the worldâs computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.